Chapter 22 The Biggs I

OMNISCIENT

After weeks of sourcing information, the most the gang found was that the leader of their attacker was Antonio. Nobody from the trap knew him, and now everyone was wondering who he was and what did he wanted to achieve?
Everyone was still taking residence at Leek's house, it was like it was their new home. What they didn't know was that Leek had bought a new place a bit further from the one they were in now. Julianna and Damani on the other hand have been hanging out mostly doing business to get all the information they could get, to add to the little they had. Everything was a bit calm since they left Miami and because of the incident nobody wanted to finish their vacation in Las Vegas anymore.

Julianna

"Are you going to eat that" I asked Damani.

"Didn't I asked you if you wanted mozzarella sticks?"

"You asked if I wanted fries, I didn't want any soggy fries"

"Here" Ghost said handing her the mozzarella sticks.

"So, I saw you hanging out with this guy a few weeks back, who is he?" I heard Ghost said before taking a bite of his wings.

"Is that any of your business? I replied.

"Come on Jay, It's either you're hanging out with me or him"

"I can hang out with both of you. I don't see a problem because I'm not with any of you."

Yes, I have been hanging out with this guy, honestly, I can't recall his name, I'm always messing it up. He's a guy from school, we take Business together and the funny part is I never really noticed him until one day at a coffee shop. From that day we have been having meals every now and then. I don't know how Ghost even found out about it, unless his ass was watching me.

"So, school starts in two days, ready?"
"Bet your ready cause you wanna go see you little boy toy" he added.

"Ghost..."

"I said use my real name when talking to me" he said cutting me off mid-sentence.

"Damani, are you jealous or something?"

"No... why would I be jealous of some broke nigga, told you this already".

"Whatever! Can we talk about something else?" I said changing the subject.

I glimpse over at Damani who was now staring at me, not looking but staring with a straight face. I was getting uncomfortable, why would he want to look at me like that? I asked myself.

Is that even a question Julianna? You making the guy crazy.

Me... he's making himself crazy, I told him weeks ago that I didn't want any relationship. We had sex twice so what's the problem?

Problem is he likes you from the get go.

Damani

What am I gonna do with this girl?
Look at her, she's everything I need, and all she do, a fuck with me medz.
Wah really inna her head now God, I can't even read her, then again girls is like English Language, bwoy them confusing.
I am not acting desperate but why she cah give mi a chance.

Now she's staring at me.

She a stare on u dawg cause u a stare pan her with a dead expression.

My thoughts said knocking me back to reality.

"My mom gave me a ring early today giving me peace of her mind" I said while she was still staring at me.

"Imma link her up in a few, wanna come?" I added.

"Huh" she replied all confused.

"I'm going for a drive, you coming or you wanna stay?" I asked.

"Where to?"

"Somewhere great, so what's the verdict Julianna, wanna come?"

Julianna

"Yes" I replied not wanting him to know I didn't hear a single thing he said earlier.

He turned on his Bluetooth and played some dancehall while he drove. We didn't talk much on the journey, he was so focused it was like he was solving some math equation. I know he was thinking because that face "the dead one with no expression" was his thinking face, but what was he thinking about?

Soon I saw him pulled up to a grey house, it was filled with flowers of all sorts. It had a big lawn out front, with a tree, hanging from it was a swing. The other houses around were as big as this one, kids were on the road playing football and you could hear music from several houses down the road.

"Yow! Ghost! U did Inna the place man?" I heard a guy from across the street shout. He was light skin, from a distance you could tell he worked out, good looking but nobody can ever beat Damani.

"Yeah man, soon forward" Damani replied and close the car door.

"Eee... u come with u catty though" he added now looking in my direction.

Damani waved him off and took my hands. He knows everyone in this area, and it seems everyone knows him too. I guess this is where he lived, looking around and making more observations this wasn't just where he lived, this was where he grew up.

He took me to his family house!!

Damani, what are you up to?

We walked up to the door, and he gave two knocks before he burst through it, he didn't even wait for an answer. As we entered two younger kids looked up from the television with big smiles on their faces.

"Dam! They shouted and ran throwing their hands around him.

"Sup Twinzis?" he asked.

"We good" they replied together. "Hey " they then added looking over at me.

I waved back and said a soft Hi with a smile.

"Where's my beautiful mama?" Damani then asked.

"Mommy somebody here for you!" The Little girl screamed on top of her lungs.

The house was big, and you could tell it was a family house just by looking at the pictures up on the walls and on the furniture.

"Wait Dam" a lady said turning the corner with a hand towel in her hands. "Make u neva tell mi you a come?" She added coming in for a hug.

"Afta dat deh cussing u gi mi this mawning think u wudda expect mi"

"Look like if mi no cuss out the whole a enuh nobody no come look fi mi" she said hitting him from the hand towel.

"Mommy man easi no"

"And who is this beauty?" She said, turning her attention to me.

"Yow! Dam u finally reach, shoulda stay likkle longer make Mommy come fi u" I heard a familiar voice coming down the stairs.

At the same time his mother turned around, facing the stairs.

"Nuh true, give him couple lick" she said laughing.

"Jay" the voice from upstairs said, coming in my view.

Aiden!!