Guilt of Hope

Parker POV
I walk into my new room and flop down on my bed. I take a deep breath and begin to process. I'm an introvert, and I'm pretty sure that Chase is not, he has been following me around and talking for the past two hours. I look at the now closed door and close my eyes. "Remember Parker, it's only temporary." I feel a tear slip down my face. I'm so happy my sister found a place where she is happy, a family to care for her. What I can't tell her is that I will never be apart of this family.
I know I told her we could be together again, but that was more to bring some hope to her life, I said that before I knew she got to live her dream. I can't bring myself to tell her that I got adopted too, just not by the Harris family. I'm only here for a week.
My friends family is adopting me, I lived with them for a while, but when they moved to a different state we didn't know if it was going to work out. After a long process we think I get to move in soon. I am so excited I miss my family so much, but I am so glad that I got to see Alanna's family and know that she is taken care of.
I lay my head face down on my pillow when I hear a knock on my door. "Come in." I say as I sit up on my bed throwing my feet off the bed and onto the floor. I see Jen peak her head in the small crack she opened. "Parker, can I come in?"
"Yea, sure." She slowly walks in and sits next to me. "What's going on?"
She takes a deep breath. "Parker, you know that the Johnston's are planning to adopt you."
"Yes, I know."
"Parker, they submitted the paperwork this morning and because you already lived with them for a while your caseworker said it's going very fast." I feel my eyes light up and a smile go across my face. "I get to go home!"
"Not yet, but your parents and brother are driving in for a visit this weekend."
"Really!" I feel myself get excited. "Yea, and hopefully by Friday we will also have your court date!" I start to cry. "I'm gonna have a family." I grab onto Jen and cry into her shoulder as she rubs my back. "Are you gonna tell Alanna?" I sit there and bite my lip for a minute. "I should, shouldn't I."
"It's up to you. I'm not going to force you to tell her anything." I nod my head. "Okay." I see Jen stand up and walk towards the door. "Hey Jen." She turns and looks at me. "Yes."
"Thank you."
"For What?" She asks slightly confused. "For letting me live here, for adopting my sister and taking care of her. I'm so glad she has a family who loves her." Jen smiles at me and walks out closing the door behind her.
One week, I only need to survive one more week. Then I hopefully get to go live with My new family."