Backstory

No one POV

Alana Rayn Allen, Born March 13th, 2006.

Alana was born to Katelyn Allen, When Alana's Dad found out her mom was pregnant again he left. Alana has an older brother named Parker Jacob Allen.

For the first six years of Alana's life, everything was perfect. Even though Katelyn was a single mom she worked very hard and was a strong mother for her children, she became very successful in life even though she had Parker at Seventeen she continued through and finished college with two toddlers at home and she worked two part-time jobs to support them. Their needs were always met.

May 26th, 2012 there was a break-in. Katelyn hid her kids in the closet then went out to confront the intruder.

Alana POV

I was hiding in the closet crying Parker had his arms wrapped around me trying to keep my sobs silent. We sit there silently before we hear a scream followed by two gunshots.
We wait there for a while longer until we see a police officer open up the closet we were in. He grabs his radio "We have two kids hiding in the closet." He squats down in front of us. "Hey, what's your name?"
"I'm Parker, and this is my sister, Alana"
"Hi Parker and Alana, my name is officer Mat, can you tell me how old you are?" I hold up six fingers while Parker continues to take over the conversation "I'm six and she's four. I'm older than her."
"That's right you are older than your sister! Do you guys know your dad's phone number?"
"No, we don't have a Dad, him and mommy got into a fight when I was little before Alana was born, he left and didn't come back."
"Okay. How about grandma and grandpas phone number?"
"We don't have a grandma and grandpa."
"Okay, well do you guys want to come and sit inside a real police car!" He says with some excitement in his voice. "Yeah!" Parker yells. Officer Mat reaches his arms out and picks me up. "Come on guys let's go to my car." He holds out his hand for parker. Parker takes his hand and takes us out of the living room and outside.

After a little while a lady pulls up, her hair is a little bit messy, but she is still very pretty. She talks to the police then walks up to the car. "Hey, are you guys Alana and Parker?" I nod my head. "My name is Miss Nicole. I'm gonna take you to my friends' house so you guys can stay the night is that okay?"
"Where's mommy?" I ask "Well, your mommy can't take care of you anymore, but my friends can do you want to go meet them?" She desperately tries to redirect the conversation. "Our Mommys dead isn't she. The bad man that broke into the house killed her didn't he." Parker starts to cry. Miss Nicole squatted down next to the police car. "Well...." She takes a deep breath "Your mommy died, so I have some friends who are gonna have you live with them for a little bit. Okay?" Parker and I nod knowing we really don't have a choice. We get out of the police car and get into Miss Nicole's car, she puts us into car seats and we head down the road. I look at the clock in the car it says 10:27. I close my eyes as the movement of the car slowly puts me to sleep.

I wake up to Parker shaking my arm. "Alana we're here." I look at the clock again 11:15. We pull up in front of a house where a man and woman walk out of the house. The man is tall with dark brown hair and He has broad shoulders. The Woman next to him has red hair, she is smaller then he is, and very thin. They both walk towards the car, miss Nicole walks over and talks for them for a few seconds. They walk to the back of the car and get two bags, Miss Nicole comes and unbuckles Parker from his car seat, then comes and unbuckles me from mine. She takes our hands and walks us over to them. "Alana, Parker. These are my friends, Mr. and Mrs. Layne." Mrs. Layne gets on her knees in front of us. "You guys can call me Amanda, and this is my husband Martin do you want to come to see your new room?" She holds out her hands and leads us to our new room. "Okay, let's get you two to bed, we can go explore tomorrow. Does that sound fun." I smile nod excitedly about all the fun we would have tomorrow, not fully understanding the tragedy of that night.