Chapter 4: Life's A Mess

Start from the beginning

I balled my fists and swallowed a lump that had formed on my throat.

You can do this Kyra.

I ambled towards them and stood nervously before them. Their attention slowly shifted to me and their love chants died away.

I couldn't look at them and see the hate in their eyes. I was already an emotional mess. Their hate would hammer me to the ground.

"H-hello," I stuttered rubbing my sweaty palms together.

"Hi, Kyra," Kylie replied. I could feel her gaze on me.

Jayden remained silent which forced me to look up. His cold gaze was on me.

How did his mood change so quickly?

"Uh, so I- I-I...."

"Is I your favourite word?" Jayden interrupted me taking me by surprise.

"No. No. Not at all."

"So get to the point and stop wasting our time."

"Okay. I wanted to talk to you."

"You wanted which means you no longer want to so why are you here?"

Save me please.

"I mean I want to talk to you. Is it possible?"

"I'm busy at the moment as you can see," he replied stroking Kylie's hair.

"Babe," Kylie whispered squeezing his hand gently.

"I won't take much of your time."

"Which part of I'm busy don't you get?" he snapped making me jump a little.

"Please," I tried again this time my voice threatening to break.

"I said......"

"Jay. Calm down, Honey. Relax. Don't scare her like that," Kylie soothed him running her fingers up and down his chest then she planted a kiss on his jaw.

"Kyra, Jay is not in the mood right now. Try another time."

"Sure," I replied nervously.

I then turned around and started walking away. At that moment I wished the ground would open and swallow me. That was so embarrassing and I felt horrible.

Kylie was never rude to me. She just didn't care about me otherwise she was a nice person.

I just walked until I found myself in some room probably another lounge with a large flat screen TV.

I sighed heavily about to release all my feelings when I saw a guy sitting on a couch playing a video game. He startled me as I wasn't expecting to see anyone there.

"Uh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were in here. I'll leave," I apologised nervously turning to leave.

"No. Please come in, Kyra," he offered pausing his game.

He stood up and guided me in then he patted next to him gesturing for me to sit down. He looked friendly and welcoming so I sat next to him making sure there was some considerable distance between us.

I avoided eye contact with him and started playing with my fingers.

"Awww. You are so shy it's cute," he gushed tucking loose strands of my hair behind my ear.

My cheeks immediately heated up and I found myself smiling shyly like an idiot. There was a dramatic pause as he stared at me with his elbows resting on his thighs.