44 - zoom call pt. 3

Suggestion from @LittleMixFanAccount ❤️

(This one turnt out way longer than I expected)

Back in the rainy UK. You were quite far along in your pregnancy but you weren't expecting to go into labour yet, as you were around two weeks around your due date.

You were at your house and Harry had taken a 20 minute walk down the road to get fish and chips.

You were also accompanied with your brother, Zayn, and his girlfriend, Gigi. She was also expecting but not anytime soon.

"Ah shit" Zayn shouted as he stubbed his toe on the coffee table, bringing over the drinks.

"Zayn, there are children in the room" Gigi scolded at him, and he just shrugged back.

You just sat in silence as you kept track of the pains shooting through your stomach. You've been timing them for about four hours now and they were at their worst point. You gritted and sharply sucked air through your teeth, looking very uncomfortable.

"Y/n? You okay? You've been very quiet this evening." Gigi said.

"Um... I- I think I'm in labour" you said in pain.
"What?" Zayn shouted, "since when?"
"I've been counting the contractions for about 4 hours now and... and I don't know how dilated I am." You rushed today say.

At this point everyone was on the edge of their seats, ready for the worst to happen.

"C-call Harry" you spilled out.

Harry's POV:

I had just placed our order for fish and chips and I sat down at a small table, when my phone started ringing

Zayn

They must have forgotten to ask for something.
"Hello?" I raised the phone to my ear.
"Harry, we think y/n's in labour. She said she's been counting contractions for about 4 hours now."
"But- okay, I'm on my way home."

I made sure my keys were in my pocket and I didn't even bother to put my jacket on.
"Sir, your food?" I heard the waiter shout from the door, but I was already gone. I ran as fast as I could because at this point, 4 hours into labour... the baby could come at anytime.

-

"Where's Harry" I shouted as I sat in the bathtub, squirming around in discomfort.
"He's on his way" Gigi said, grasping to your hand.

"So, the midwife is stuck in traffic, she'll be here in half an hour, so I thought about going to hospital but at this rate, it'll take 3 hours to get there." Zayn said, putting down the phone.

"But what if she's not here in time?" You said, more worried than you ever have been before.
"Then... we'll have to deliver it?"
"NO" you shouted at him, "I'D RATHER HOLD THIS BABY IN THAN- AAH" you slid down back into the tub.

"I- I can feel his head" you whispered.
"Can I check?" Gigi said in caution. You nodded desperately and spread your legs.

"Uh, I don't think the midwife is gonna get here in time

"Uh, I don't think the midwife is gonna get here in time... he's crowning." Tears started streaming down your face as you decided to quickly get out of the tub, and onto the towels on the floor. You leant on your knees and elbows, and rocked back and forth, trying to relieve the pain.

"Where's HARRY" you screamed.
"He'll be here soon, I promise." Zayn stood next to you, rubbing your back.

After 15 minutes of extreme pain, you couldn't bare any longer.

"I need to push" you mumbled, turning to lay on your back. You started to push, longing for this to be over. It was fairly quick, as you probably should have pushed sooner but you let yourself know when you were ready.

"His head's out" Zayn said, keeping control of everything.

You heard the door open and someone stumble up the stairs, and the door flung open.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry" Harry ran over to help you, and grabbed your hand, pushing back strands of hair.

"Where's the midwife?" He asked.
"She's stuck in traffic, but she should be here in a couple minutes.

He tangled your fingers together and ran a damp cloth across your forehead, as it was almost all over.

Gigi held out a towel beneath you, to catch your little boy, and brought him up to you.

"Oh" you panted, holding him close to your chest, and Harry kissed your temple.

"Thank you so much" you said to Zayn and Gigi.

As you held your baby, the doorbell rang, and Zayn went to let the midwife in.

"Your so strong" Harry said to you, kissing your forehead.
You nodded and laid your head onto his shoulder.

The midwife came in and let Harry cut the umbilical cord, ran some simple tests, and made sure that your placenta had come out.
Once all was well, Harry took his shirt off and held his new born son.

"You couldn't wait, could you?" Harry whispered, bouncing him lightly. His y/e/c eyes stared back at Harry while they had their moment.

You were changed back into clean clothes and was handed your son.

"So. What are you gonna name him?" Gigi sat crossed legged at the foot of the bed.

"I think we decided on Oliver." Harry said back to her.
"We still need to think of a middle name though" you yawned.

You let Gigi and Zayn hold Oliver, then they left at about 1 am, and let you get some rest