A "Touching" Ending - Epilogue

Today is a very important day.

"Everything will be fine, Sungjae." Sooyoung reassured him for the millionth time. But no matter how many times she tells him. He couldn't help but feel so pessimistic. As if everything will be fine as easily as how you say it.

Although much time has passed since he has gotten over his fear of germs, it seems like Sungjae has a whole 'nother set of worries to face.

He made sure everything was perfect: he did his hair and even wore his best tailored suit. But still he has to ask, "Do I really look okay?" Sungjae stared at Sooyoung with big anxious eyes, impatiently waiting for her reply. The anxiety was killing him. He was getting so jittery. What if things don't run smoothly?

"I told you, you don't have to worry so much."

"Still..." His voice hoarse and airy. "I want to make a good impression. Since this is the first time, I'm properly introducing myself."

Sooyoung had a hunch he was going to be nervous. She tries to calm him down by giving his hand a light squeeze. "They'll love you." She whispers then smiled ever so sweetly. "Let's go," tugging his hand as she led the way inside.

--

"WHAT?! MARRY HER?!" Mr. Park shouted in outrage. He pulled Sungjae by the tie, yanking him closer to his beating red face. "For a guy who put my daughter's life at risk, you're sure asking for a lot, don't ya think?" He huffed in anger, veins popping out of his neck. Anyone watching could clearly see the fumes pulsing out of Mr. Park's ears and nose, as well as the laser eyes piercing through the poor guy's soul. "And now you dare try to have her?!!!!!" He bellowed at the top of his lungs, jabbing a finger at the young man's chest.

"Si-sir...please calm down...for a minute!" Sungjae stuttered in pure terror.

"Sir??!! In order to save you, my more-precious-than-life daughter had to...!!" He stopped as he clenched his jaw in frustration. Meanwhile, Sungjae's face gradually started turning paler and paler.

"Dad!!" Sooyoung screamed as she rushed towards Sungjae's side, "I wanted to do it!! He didn't know anything about it then." She hugged her man protectively from her father's rage.

Subsequently, her mother quickly tagged along, "Don't be like that dear. Sooyoung is awake now and they say they love each other." Smiling brightly, she added, "Besides! I'm for it! He's handsome and talented. He'll be good to look at!"

"Ahhhhh~ you so get me Mom!" Sooyoung let go of Sungjae and joyfully embraced her mother as the two of them gushed over her soon to-be-husband.

"Good to look at!!!? Excuse me?! What?! Am I not enough?!" Mr. Park pouted. He felt betrayed by his own wife. Seriously. Whose side is she on?

Mrs. Park giggled as she went to comfort her obviously super annoyed husband, "There, there." She patted his back. "I never said that. I'm just saying it'll be good to have one extra piece of eye candy around~"

Suddenly, Sungjae was taken by surprise as his hand was clasped by another's behind the couch. He turned around to find Eun-woo's tighten grip on him. "So, it's ok?" He inspected Sungjae's palm, trying to test if he could have a taste of him. "You're still a human, so what will it be like for you to be family? We're all vampires after all."

Sooyoung snatched Sungjae away from her brother. "Don't touch! Only I can touch him!" She said possessively. "He doesn't have resistance to other vampires."

Eun-woo held up his empty hand. Sungjae was definitely delicious. He could tell why his sister was so obsessed. "So, Sooyoung, you can't absorb any more of Sungjae's energy because you shared yours with him?"

"Bingo. But that's okay." She happily wrapped her arms around Sungjae, "We can touch all we want now. And such is the power of love~!"

Irene then entered the room, chiming in, "I really couldn't have foreseen this. I don't think dad could've even expected it...to think you can build resistance if you share your energy with a human."

"Indeed. It's a blessing." Her mother agreed.

"Just once in your life, and with just one human. The desire to try to save someone even at the risk of your own life...the desire that transcends species. Maybe that's what makes miracles happen."

"You." Mr. Park called out to Sungjae, glaring at him. "I hope you are sure. Will you be able to make Sooyoung happy no matter what happens in the future? Are you confident you will be able to keep her safe even at the cost of your own life?"

"...I am certain." He clenched his fists. Standing up straight. "I truly love Sooyoung. I will cherish and love her even more than I do now. To me, Sooyoung is...the world, the sky above, and the warm sun rays. I love her. No, what I feel for her cannot be contained in the word 'love' – It's forever. She's my forever love."

--

The second they got home, Sungjae immediately slumped onto the sofa. "Whew. I was more nervous than I was for my first autograph sess..."

"Haha. You did good honey." She patted his lap. "That's one obstacle overcome."

"Do you think they liked me?"

"Heh~ you got their approval. Mom really adores you." Sooyoung snuggled up against him, "Now that they've said okay, we just have to find a house and set a date."

"Right..." Sungjae smiled. "Somehow...I can't believe it. That I am with you, and can hold your hand as much as I want. When I first met you...I had no idea we'd end up like this."

"Yeah...you were pretty guarded then. In the beginning, I couldn't lay a finger on you because of your OCD. I was in awe of how adamant you were about keeping distance."

"Haha. I really couldn't even fathom the idea of physical contact back then."

"I guess that means I'm the only girl who got past that distance and held your hand? It's a total honor!"

"Hmm maybe? I'm only telling you now but there was one other girl I held hands with."

"WHAT?! You mean I'm not the first?!!!"

He grinned as he shook his head. "You'll be surprised that I am a man with a mysterious past. Maybe it was...in middle school? I stopped by the hospital where my dad was staying and I saw a girl though a door slightly ajar. She was a small, pale little girl and her breathing was pretty shallow. I still had OCD then, but for some reason, I wanted to hold onto her hand. To cheer her on. To tell her not to give up. I don't exactly remember what she looked like because it was so long ago, but she was very pretty. Maybe I should look for her now."

"WHAT?! You made it seem like I was your first girl?! You tricked me!!"

"Oh. But you thought of me as prey first. What a thing for you to say. Remember you saved me as Chicken?"

"I- I don't remember."

"You know I've always wondered, why was it me? There are so many humans. Was I really that good?"

"Hmm, in retrospect, it wasn't just taste but...this feeling like I was being healed?"

Perhaps from the very beginning, they were each other's saviors.

"Now then~ shall we go sleep since we're done for the day?" Sungjae swung his arm around Sooyoung.

"Already? It's still bright out." Sungjae pulled her face closer to his. "Oh you." She hit his shoulder, "How did you resist all this time?"

"Makes the wait worth it."

Because now they can touch to their hearts' content.