Chapter 31

Why the hell did Dohwan bring his car if he was going to drink?

Geez...where on the 2nd floor did he say he was...?

Minjae's eyes catch sight of something interesting.

Isn't that?

A woman dragging around Sungjae.

--

"Why don't you make up your mind...? Is he a man or prey to you?"

Sooyoung lets the water keep running.

"You are a vampire, Sooyoungie. Don't assimilate with humans."

She examines herself in the mirror, exhaling deeply.

Yes, I'm a vampire.

If I have to make a choice...I should see him as prey.

As prey...

Leaving the restroom, she holds onto her head. "Humans are prey...humans are prey..." She repeats to herself.

"Huh, what?"

Turning to a familiar voice, "Ah, Minjae! Did you finish your work? It must be tiring to take care of Dohwan."

Minjae's surprised, "What are you doing here, Sooyoung?"

"Huh? Didn't Dohwan tell you that I was coming?"

"No, I mean...weren't you with your boyfriend?"

She shakes her head no. "What...?"

"I saw him...here."

"Ah, there you are." Dohwan walks up to them, "I told you to wait for me, Sooyoungie. I was looking all over for you."

She dashes right pass him. Running for her life.

"Sooyoungie!!! Where are you going??" Dohwan screamed.

"Sorry! I'll talk to you later!!" She cries out.

I wasn't seeing things...

The man I saw earlier...

He was...!

--

"I can't believe a human is here. That's weird." The woman unbuttons his shirt, exposing his bare torso. "Well, it's a good thing for me, though." She touches his face then his hair. "He was pretty tasty...Shall I taste some more." She leans in.

Sungjae barely opens his eyes. His impaired vision distorts the body ontop of him. "Sooyoung..."

"You can go back to sleep. I'll make you feel good." Her fingers trace his collarbone, making their way down to his chest.

*BANG*

"What the?!!!" The woman shouted.

Sooyoung's blood boils at the sight. "Don't touch him. He's mine."

"What are you saying when you're the one who barged in all of a sudden. It's not like you own him. Anyone can hunt him! He's just prey!!" She reaches towards his body, "You can join me if you want..."

Sooyoung slaps her hand away. "I warned you. Don't touch him. I'm the only one...who can touch him."

Frightened and annoyed, the woman marches off. "Ugh, what's wrong with you?? You're also a vampire, weirdo."

Rushing to his side, "Are you alright Sungjae?"

"Ah..." He rubs his eyes.

"What happened?" She sits him up, "You can't even drink! Wake up! What are you doing here?"