Chapter 34

"Err...I'm all wet..."

Sungjae's eyes linger around her soaked dress.

*pit-a-pat*

Her cleavage...

*pit-a-pat*

Her...dress riding up...

*pit-a-pat*

Exposing her long legs.

*pit-a-pat*

They look so smooth.

She giggles, "we're lucky that we didn't get hurt though. It could've been dangerous."

*pit-a-pat* *pit-a-pat*

"Yeah..." he looks away blushing. "it could've been dangerous."

--

"Sooyoung-ah, take a shower first before you catch a cold." He hands her one of his button ups. "Wear this until your clothes dry."

"Ah- thank you."

She closes the door, strips, and starts her shower.

It feels strange...

To take a shower...while I'm with him...

"You never know. He might want it, too."

ARGHHH!!! WHAT AM I THINKING?! Get ahold of yourself! You can cause a misunderstanding if you get in heat!!! Sungjae is a pure man!!! You said you're going to protect him!!

She picks up the pace, showering quickly.

Sungjae wouldn't....

He would never think of something like that.

--

Stepping out in only his oversized shirt. "Sorry, I took so long." Drying her wet hair, "I'm done. It must feel uncomfortable to have those wet clothes on. You should take a shower." He stares down at her legs. "What were you doing?"

His eyes revert back to her's, "Ah, I brewed...coffee.." He hands her a mug. "I thought it would be nice to drink something warm."

Accepting it, she takes a sip, "ah, how kind of you as always."

"Enjoy it. I'm going to take a shower."

Closing the door to the bathroom. Sungjae leans against the wall, pushing his hair back, "..." his face is completely flushed.

--

The sky starts rumbling. Drops and patter noises emerge. Sooyoung peers out the window, "What...? it's raining all of a sudden?"

"What are you doing over there?" Sungjae walks up behind her, "I just finished showering." The towel brushes his wet hair up. "Ah..." He stood next to her, looking outside, "it's raining..."

*pit-a-pat* *pit-a-pat*

Sooyoung's body heats up. *pit-a-pat*

*pit-a-pat*

Eyes eating up her view. *pit-a-pat*

"Guess the weather forecast was wrong. It's raining quite a lot, huh."

*pit-a-pat* Sooyoung replies to his comment. "I ...know..."

He turns to her, "So, what should we do? I don't think we can go outside. What do you want to do?"

*pit-a-pat* She can't help but gawk at his appearance. *pit-a-pat* "Ahaha- I -I -I know! I didn't know it was going to rain..." No!!! THINK SOMETHING GOOD!!! SOMETHING NICE. He might start to not like me if I do something weird! "Shall..." hastily, she grabs the remote. "we watch a movie?! When it's raining watching movies is romantic..." She turns on the TV.

"Ah~" a loud moan blasts out from the speakers. "I've been waiting for today."

"Huff- huff- don't stop." 

Sooyoung's jaw drops. Quickly, she turns off the television. "Ahaha...it's not a good idea to watch a movie when we came all the way here, right?! Let's see I should find something else to do."

Smiling at her efforts, Sungjae watches her run around the house.

--

"..."

They sit awkwardly on the sofa.

This situation is making me nervous. Sooyoung gulps. Just the two of us in the villa on a rainy day...!! We can't even go out, and there's nothing we can do in here...and we just took showers...Although Sungjae has mysophobia. HE IS STILL A MAN!!!!

Using her hands to cover her body. Her delusion exploded. Just by chance...something happens...!! Her face reddens.

"Um...what are you...doing, Sooyoung-ah?" Sungjae asks.

"Yes...ah?" She timidly laughs.

--

"I guess it won't stop any time soon."

"Yeah..."

C-calm down...face the reality. Nothing like that will happen. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SUNGJAE HERE.

"It's somewhat a shame." Her attention returns back to him. "I wanted to help you get some fresh air and make you feel better...but we can't even go out because it's storming. You came along all the way here...I'm sorry."

"No, not at all! Don't worry about that!!" She doesn't want to make him feel bad, "I love the sound of rain...and I don't like to stay out in the sun for a long time!! Also, we can do many things even if we don't go out! Something like...like...!!"She's back in her delusional thoughts.

"uhh...like what?"

"I...I mean...what I'm trying to say is....I'm fine with just staying with you like this...It's more than good enough for me."

"Sooyoung, why do you like me?" He asks suddenly. "Actually, I really don't get it. I don't know what you like about me...why you chose me. A person like you can meet a better person. I'm not good enough for you. I even have bad memories that I don't want to remember. And I can't do the things you want...I'm worried that you might not be having any fun when you're with me..."

"That's not true!!!! I – I – I love being with you!!! You're handsome, cool, kind, and very mature!!!"

"Ah..." Sungjae blushes.

"The truth is...I'm also not sure why I started to like you so much." She confesses, "I think it started because I was drawn by something I didn't know of. But now it feels a bit different. I feel comfortable just by staying with you. I feel like I'm getting healed." Her face reddens at her own words, "I could feel the butterflies in my stomach just by being next to you."

"Sooyoung-ah...you are a special person to me. You're a very special and precious person...who opened my world that had been closed in darkness. To be honest, I also want to get closer to you...I want us to be closer, but..."

*pit-a-pat* ....huh?

He admits, "I'm being more cautious because you are precious to me."

*pit-a-pat* *pit-a-pat* ....is he...is he really saying...

"You never know. He might want it."

Sungjae continues, "I'm fine. Whatever is okay with you, is okay with me. So...you can come closer...Sooyoung-ah."

*pit-a-pat* *pit-a-pat*

His hand reaches towards her.

*pit-a-pat*

Caressing her cheek.

*pit-a-pat*

He leans his face closer to her's.

*pit-a-pat*

Sooyoung closes her eyes.