Chapter 25

Fluttering her eyes open, Sooyoung mumbles, "Huh, did I fall asleep?" Taking in her surroundings, a castle-like interior. "Where am I? A shooting set?" She rubs her eyes and notices that she's wearing a dress? This is too much. What was she shooting here for? She can't remember.

She sniffs.

Sniffs.

SniFFS!

Wow, something smells delicious.

She gawks at the fried drumstick situated on top of an alter table.

"Chicken?"

She gradually moves closer to it.

"Kyah~ it's chicken!! Why on earth is this here?" She picks up the pace, dashing towards it. "This is great! I'm so hungry!" She picks it up, "I'm allowed to eat this, right?" Going in for the bite, "Bon appetite~"

Suddenly, the drumstick floats up in the air.

"...uh?"

It flies around the room.

"Wait! Where are you going?!"

Sooyoung leaps to grab it. She misses. She bolts for it like a wild woman. Every attempt, she misses.

"Okay! You want to play with me, huh?" Rolling up her dress sleeves, she swings her fist, "I'll never give up on you!! Stop there!!! Chicken!!!!!!"

"I'm going to eat you!" Finally getting ahold of it. "Gotcha! You little chicken!"

The drumstick then expands in her hands. It's taller than her now.

"Uh? It looks like it got bigger." She examines it. "Did I see it wrong earlier? Well, the bigger, the better!"

Suddenly, it lights up. "Uh?!"

*flash*

The drumstick transforms into Sungjae?!

"Argh!! What the!! Chicken has...??!!"

A naked Sungjae stood in front of her.

"Do I...? Still look like a chicken to you?" He says, cupping her cheeks.

"Take a closer look at..."

Hold on...!!!

"Who I am..."

What is he talking about???"

He leans in closer and closer.

Chicken is...only chicken...

Their lips are about to touch.

No...wait!! I'm not ready!!!!

"NO!!!!!!!!" sitting up in bed, she huffs and puffs. "Was it a dream?" She sighs, "Gosh...what did I just dream about?" Running a hand through her hair. "I'm not a girl in puberty...how can a chicken drumstick turn into a human being? It doesn't make any sense at all. Well, a dream is only a dream! Let's forget it!"

Her phone vibrates.

A text from her chicken: "You're awake? Wanna grab some breakfast?"

--

"Did I wake you up?" Sungjae asked her.

"Of course not. I was already awake."

"I made pasta...do you like it?"

"Anything is fine."

"What do you usually have for breakfast?"

"Well...that's..." Passerby 1, 2, 3...a stylist, a janitor... she thinks. Well, can't tell him that. "I eat this and that."