Bruises

Lydia
•••••••••••••
I rummage through the closet, biting my lip.

"Stiles where's the rubbing alcohol- I can't find it." I say, looking around for it.

"Uhm... It should actually be under the sink I think." He says. I take the small towel from out of the closet and walk over to where he's sitting on the sink.

He moves his legs and I open the cupboard under the sink before looking around for the rubbing alcohol.

"Shit, it's bleeding more." He says.

I sigh. "I swear Stiles if you pass out on me-"

"I'm not- I'm not. Trust me- it's all good. No more injuries." He says.

I nod.

"Good. Cause I'm not a doctor." I say before grabbing the rubbing alcohol and closing the cupboard before placing it on the part of the sink he's sitting on.

"Well you've already helped me twice- that's better than a doctor. Plus... Doctors don't always help..." He says.

I pause.

Doctors....

I shake my head as I stand between his legs before putting water on the towel and looking up, dabbing his lip slightly, trying to stop it from bleeding anymore.

"Yeah well... I can't really help with much. So at least I'm helping with something." I say.

He shakes his head slightly.

"You help everyone way more than you realize. Especially me." He says.

I take the towel off before putting some more water on it and dabbing his lip again.

"Oh yeah? And how's that?" I ask.

"Lydia... I'm telling you something that's highly personal and I guess it's something I shouldn't be saying but... I've had issues in the past. And you've honestly been able to help me more than any shrink has. And there's honestly no way of explaining it. You're always helping me Lydia." He says.

I pause. How am I helping him? The only way I've ever helped him is through the tether...

I change the subject.

"Stiles please just tell me how this happened." I say, sighing at his bleeding lip and cut just above the eyebrow.

"Lydia... I already told you I don't want to talk about it." He says. I shake my head.

"Was it Scott?? cause stiles if you're trying to stick up for him-"

"It wasn't Scott. I promise." He says. I sigh and nod before cleaning up his forehead and finishing with his lips.

Stiles blinks as he looks at me and I glance up to his eyes before looking away, not making eye contact. He sighs, knowing that it's because he won't tell me what happened.

"We argued. About him trusting that guy so easily. And I was angry so I started to storm out of the room when... I tripped and smacked my face into the corner of the table." He says, huffing.

I purse my lips- trying my hardest not to laugh- when I can't hold it anymore and bust out laughing.

"I knew you would laugh." He says. I laugh shaking my head.

"It's funny- but honestly it's way better that Scott hurting you. I don't know how I'd deal with that." I say. He nods.

I glance back down to his lips.

"How do they look? Bad?" He says, referring to his lips.

I purse my lips, looking down at his.

Even with a cut, his lips don't look bad at all. Full and soft as always.

I shake my head.

"They don't look bad." I say, the wet cloth in my hand. He smirks.

"They'd look better with yours on them." He says smirking.

I look up at his eyes, smirk still plastered on his face and laugh before pushing him slightly.

"You're so weird." I say, laughing softly.

He smiles, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer between his legs.

"I know. But I'm your weirdo. You're stuck with me." He says smirking. I laughed, rolling my eyes and he leaning in, kissing me softly on the lips before leaning back and looking at him.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I say, smiling softly.

Stiles smiles and leans in again, kissing my deeper. I back away, slightly hesitant as I bite my lip before smiling softly.

"Uhm... Let's go watch a movie or do something." I say, smiling softly. I start to back out of his grip and he pulls me back in.

"Hey... Is something wrong? Are you okay?" He asks. I nod.

"Oh yeah- of course." I say. I try to pull away again and he pulls me back in.

"Lydia... The past few days- you've been acting really weird. Pulling away from stuff... Not wanting to do things as much... Are you okay? What's going on?" He says.

I bite my lip.

Should I be honest?...

"Nothing- I told you. Nothing's wrong." I say.

I finally break free of his grip and he quickly hops down, getting of the sink and running to the door, closing it with his back to it so I can't get out.

"Lydia. Spill." He says. I bite my lip before sighing.

"It's just... I'm worried. Cause for some reason... whenever we're together, someone gets upset about it and hurts us. What if next time its not just a memory that could be fixed? What if something happens to you and... and I can't do anything about it or I can't-"

He grabs my hand in one of his hands and looks at me, the other hand tucking a hair behind my ear.

"Hey- Lydia- it's going to be fine. In the end- it'll work out. I'd way rather be hurting that be without you. We have to stick together." He says. I blink looking at him before sighing and nodding.

I look back up at him and he pulls me into a soft hug. I sigh, calming down and shaking my head.

"I hate that we can make each other calm. It's honestly not fair" I say shaking my head.

He laughs softly.

"It's actually my favorite. Because you're always upset about something or extremely anxious about something that's going on. And all I have to do is touch you and you're fine. I love it." He says smiling. I shake my head, burying it in his shoulder.

I gasp as he swiftly picks me up, holding me bridal style and I laugh as he turns off the bathroom light with his elbow and walks down the hall.

"See- doesn't the fact that you don't have to walk from place to place totally beat everything that's bad?" He says laughing.

I laugh, smiling wide.

"Oh yeah. Of course."
-------------------------
:AUTHORS NOTE:
HEY GUYS!!

So this is kind of a filler chapter- sorry that it's so short.

But there should be better chapters ahead!

-Sarcastic_Stiles