Life

WARNING: Some details may be slightly graphic and have to do with descriptions of torture or blood. If you are bothered by such things, please do not read on.
Thank you!
------------------------
Scott
--------------
I stared at them as they lay on the once silver table, now draped in blankets. Looking at them was odd. It was almost as if I walked into Stiles' bedroom and I was watching them sleep. It looked so normal- but I knew that they had both gone through shit for the last two months.

Lydia was laying, chest down on top of Stiles, her head sideways on his chest and Stiles was laying flat on his back, his arms wrapped tightly around her.

They were both hooked up to IV's filled with water, and a machine that monitored both of their heartbeats. It beeped every once in a while. They'd been lying like this for hours now, and still hadn't woken up.

"Deaton!" I called out. He walked into the room.

"Yes Scott?"

"Are they supposed to still be asleep? I mean we did that procedure like 12 hours ago. Shouldn't they be up?" I asked.

Deaton shook his head, looking over at Lydia and Stiles.

"Scott- that doctor planted a metal box inside of each of their stomachs that was cutting off their supernatural frequency that linked their tethers. They were seconds away from death, and they need rest. They would have both died in that mental hospital if you hadn't found them in time." Deaton said.

I blinked looking over at them both.

"It was all Stiles and Lydia. If Lydia hadn't screamed I wouldn't have found her and Stiles was the one to tell me that if I didn't keep them both together and touching they would die." I said looking at them both. Deaton nodded.

"Yes Scott- I know. And that was extremely heroic of both of them. Lydia knew she would be at risk of killing herself by screaming and she still did. Stiles suffered from a severe mental breakdown from those hallucinogens that I found in both of their bloodstreams and had to drain out, and he still figured out that touch would save them." Deaton said.

"But- as heroic and supernatural they actually are- they just survived near death circumstances, had drugs drained out of their systems, and had metal boxes dug out of their stomachs. They need rest. They've been tortured for over 2 weeks." Deaton said.

I blinked before sighing and nodding. Deaton started to walk away when I spoke up again.

"Why is he holding her like that? Even though he's out cold?" I asked.

Deaton blinked and looked over at them before looking at me.

"It's said that tethers are so protective of each other that they keep each other close in their sleep. Stiles is the dominant and more protective partner of the two. So by holding her close... He's protecting her." Deaton said. I nodded before he started to walk away again.

However, before he could walk out of the room, both Lydia and Stiles gasped awake, Lydia turning her head and squinting at the light as they looked around confused.

Deaton and I both ran over to the metal table that they were on and watched as they both sat up, looking at us utterly confused, Stiles' arms still wrapped around her as she sat on his lap.

Deaton moved their wrists, making sure that the IV's were still attached and they both looked at him confused.

"Scott?... Wh-what's going on?" Stiles asked confused.

"Stiles... Lydia... Do you know what happened to you both?..." Deaton asked. Lydia blinked before nodding and looking at us confused.

"Yeah we... We were at Eichen house but... The doctor he..." She stopped shaking her head and Stiles tightened his arms around her.