Lonely

Stiles
-------------
I lay, staring at the ceiling.

I honestly didn't think that I would be going over to Lydia's house and end up sleeping here- on the couch. In the living room.

Lydia explained to me that her parents have been away on vacation for a while. Now that she's 18, they know they won't get into legal problems as long as they give her money and pay the bills, so they're gonna be on vacation for a while now.

She's been alone for about two weeks now without them, which explains why Chase would leave and not come back home for hours on end.

He probably was over at her house, making sure she was okay on her own.

Of course- we weren't just going to sleep together already. Sure, I remembered things. I remembered a lot of things actually- it slowly started to come back with every touch, every time time we came in contact.

It's stopped by now, the lingering feelings of us touching gone completely. But I had remembered some things.

I remember the kiss in the locker room. When she helped me with my panic attack. And I remember a few other little things.

And some things Came back when we touched at Deatons. Like the first time I saw Lydia. The first time we met...

She was sitting on a set of stairs, by herself. There was no one else left at school that day, just the two of us.

I remember how she looked, a cute mess of wavy red... No... Strawberry blonde hair. Sitting all alone.

I had just eaten half curly fries that I had in my lunch box, left overs from last nights dinner. They were soggy and mushy, not the way I'd normally eat them, but it was two hours after all the rest of the kids had left and I was starving.

My dad had been working another late day and not been able to pick me up yet.

That's why he got me the jeep as soon as he could- so I wouldn't have to stay at school by myself for so long.

I saw her almost every day, waiting by herself. But for a long time, I never really wanted to say anything. What was there to say? She was adorable- beautiful. Even at our young age.

I walked up the stairs to her and sat near her.

She glanced at me before looking down at her hands.

I looked down at the food at my hands and looked at her before reaching out my curly fries, a lopsided smile on my face.

"Ya want some?" I asked.

Such a charmer. Offering a girl soggy fries.

She glanced over before knitting her eyes together and pursing her lips.

"Uhm... No... Thank you though." She said politely before looking back at her hands again.

I nodded, pulling back my hand.

I glanced at the empty spot next to her.

"Can I uh- sit?" I asked innocently.

I remember her expression, slightly annoyed.

Of course she was annoyed, she was sitting alone and we were the only two, there were plenty of other places that I could've gone but I decided to plant myself right next to her.

None of the less, she still stifled out a "Sure."

I sat down, putting my back pack close by.

"So... Why're you still here?" I asked.