The funeral

I woke up around 10 am.

I am not ready for today. Today was the funeral. I
never wanted to experience this day.

I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth. Today is all about Matthew.

I walk back into my room and the first dress i see when i open my closet is a black dress.

It was simple.

I walk back into my room and quickly made my bed, changed, then walked into the kitchen.

I see John cooking and my mom cuddled up with Maddie on the couch. They were already dressed in black dresses and John was in a black and white suit.

I sat by them and we they were watching a show that Madalayn has put on.

"Foods ready," said John will a big smile on his face and we all turn to look at him.

He had made some eggs and bacon and when it comes to breakfast let's just say John isn't always the best cook.

We all looked at each other before standing up, turning off the tv and going to sit down in the kitchen.

We all took and bite and it tasted better then last time he cooked.

He watched as we all ate with a smile still on his face.

"How is it?" he said.

We all looked at each other then back at him and we all nodded.

"It's great honey," my mother said as we all forced ourself to eat more.

Lucy jumped on the counter and started eating his bacon, at least she liked it.

after we force ourselves to eat my mom turned to me and rubbed my arm.

"You ready for today," she said will sadness in her eyes.

I look at her and nodded. I was nervous for today not knowing if i was gonna have a melt down in front of everyone, that wouldn't be good.

"Okay everyone get in the car," my mother said so i grabbed my phone to put in my bag but as i put my phone in the bag it dinged.

New text message from Liam

I quickly checked my messages while walking to the front door.

  He said:

      See you soon.

I guess he is going to the funeral. After all i forget he was friends with my brother and he was probably hurting after his death.

I put my phone back in my bag and went outside. Everyone was already in the car, at the moment i was the most nervous i've ever been. The look on my family's face made me feel as if i'm not the only nervous one.

_______________

We arrive 20 minutes later and i could see people walking around. Everyone was wearing either black or white.

I got out of the car and as soon as i got out i saw my grandma, then i run to her and hug her.

"Hey grandma."