T H I R T Y - T H R E E

Start from the beginning

Like I expected, Elle and I portal to the pack house. There are two different ways to portal- you can portal to a location, or you can portal to a person. Since we portaled to Thea, I wasn't sure exactly where we would end up. Looking around at the masculine bedroom, it's easy to deduce that we're in the pack house- more specifically, in the Alpha's bedroom.

The minute the magic subsides, a deep growl resonated through the room. Before the volume can raise to an alarming level, just like we practiced, Elle casts a silencing spell.

"Silentium!"

This spell casts the room in a sort of bubble-wrap. No one outside of the room can hear anything inside, so assuming that there are more guards stationed outside, they won't sense anything wrong. Wolves have that stupid mindlink, so to suppress that, we do another spell.

"Somnum," I mumble, and with the flick of my wrist a light blue magic covers the werewolf I was originally tasked with befriending. I'm so grateful I never had to talk to him- he seems WAY to hyper and it would have been a pain to befriend him.

Cooper drops to the floor like a bag of bricks, his head smacking the floor on the way down.

"Oof, that's gonna hurt when he wakes up later," Elle laughs as she cracks her knuckles and directs her attention the Thea. Thea looks scared, but once her eyes settle on me she becomes angry. She kneels down before the werewolf and begins listening for his breathing first. Once she realizes that he's still alive, she stands up and storms over to me.

"What did you do to him?!" she screams. I believe she's under the impression that she's frightening me, but she's not the least bit threatening. However, I allow her to scream at me if that's what she needs to get her emotions under control. The first thing she does is shove me- hard. I am stronger than a human, but the action took me by surprise and I stumble back a few steps before regaining my balance.

I'm not used to others standing up to me. I can easily injure almost any type of supernatural, and since I hold this strength, others sense this power in me and refuse to attack me. In front of me, a puny human thinks that she can hurt me. It's almost comical. I don't pay attention to everything she's screaming at me, but I hear words and phrases like "how dare you", "nightmares" and "stupid warlock." I'm glad she figured out I'm a warlock. Now I don't have to hide anything from her.

She goes to push me again, but she's pulled back by Elle's magic.

"Iactus!" Elle's magic throws Thea across the room and straight into a wall where she is left floating. Elle walks over to her, slowly, as if she's stalking her pray.

"Do not touch my brother like that. Ever." She continues to slowly glide across the room until she reaches Thea's shivering form. I can tell that Thea is trying to be brave, but she's obviously frightened. I don't want to watch this anymore. We're here to save Thea, not threaten her more.

"Elle, put her d-"

"Are you feeling tired?" Elle mocks, her face directly in Thea's. "Wanna take a little nap?" Thea's eyes widen as she slowly shakes her head.

Elle openly laughs in her face. She backs up only to force magic to the surface while displaying the blue color at her fingertips. "I can do the same thing I did to Sleepy over there." She motions over to the werewolf's form. "One word, and nighty-night for you."

"Let me go you evil witch!" Thea screams as she struggles to get out of the magical hold. Her legs are kicking at the open air as she squirms to be let free. Her eyes flood with tears of frustration as she continues to move around.

"Alright, fine. Have it your way."

"Elle, don't you dare-" I try to stop her from letting Thea go, but she releases her from the magical hold anyway. Thea drops to the floor and lands heavily on her knees which already seemed to be scraped up. The cuts reopen, and I can't help but feel this urge to help her. I hate seeing her in pain. Elle approaches Thea once again, and that's when I lose it.

"Rigescunt indutae!" Elle freezes in place, no longer able to move. This spell that I cast stops all movement for the recipient. Elle sends an evil glare my way. She's obviously annoyed, but she'll get over it. She was going to hurt Thea even more, and I didn't come here to do that.

Seeing Thea hurt fills me with guilt and remorse. Just looking at her now, the bags under her eyes look like that colorful shit girls put on their faces. Her eyes are red-rimmed and she looks overall exhausted.

"Before you say anything else, just know that I'm sorry. For everything. I didn't want to cast that spell on you. My coven forced me, and I know that doesn't make up for anything. We came here to undo it. I care about you, Thea."

Whatever I expected Thea to do, it definitely wasn't what she actually did. She walked right up to me and slapped me right in the face. Hard. My hand instantly went up to my face as I cradled it. That shit hurts! I guess I deserved that. Next, this girl decides to hug me. Now I'm thoroughly confused. She hits me, then she hugs me? What the hell is going on?

Instead of questioning the moment, I hug her back. I'm just grateful that she's forgiving me. A small smile spreads on my face, and I already feel lighter than before. She's so cute and little, and her hug spreads a new type of warmth through my body. She lets go of me and looks me in the eyes.

"You promise that you didn't want to?" she asks in a small, hopeful voice. Her eyes are glossy and I want nothing more than to stop her tears.

"I promise. I'll explain everything to you, but first I need to reverse the spell so that you won't be in danger anymore."

She nods her head gratefully and bites her lip in anticipation. My eyes flit to the movement, and I have to force my thoughts to stop. She has a werewolf mate! And she's human! I cannot be having these thoughts about her.

I slowly turn to Elle as I shake the shameful thoughts away.

"I'm gonna unfreeze you now. You're not going to harm Thea in any way or else I will harm you worse. Understand?"

Elle rolls her eyes- the only thing she can do in her frozen state. I take that as an okay, so I unfreeze her. She stumbles back and impressively doesn't fall to the ground.

"You shithead!" she screams and she rolls out her neck and cracks her joints. "I'll never understand the infatuation you have with this mortal." She steps closer to Thea to perform the spell- which we need to touch her in order to do- but Thea backs up as far as she can and looks to me for support.

"It's fine. She won't hurt you. With the portal, the sleep spell, and the silencing spell, we're both a bit drained. I need her help to reverse it."

She hesitantly nods, then looks over to the werewolf's sleeping form on the floor. "Can you wake him up though? What if he's hurt?" Her compassion is annoying me, but I gently explain that if I wake Cooper up, he'll alert the guards through mindlink that other supernaturals are attacking her. She complies.

Elle and I put our hands on each one of her shoulders and close our eyes as we draw our magic to the surface. It's harder to do because we're both exhausted from the many spells we've performed. Just when I feel my magic comply, the door flies off its hinges.

Great.