two

"What the fudge is this?" Zayn asks, walking into his living room to find his daughter and his boyfriend eating pizza together and watching a Disney movie together. He's trying hard not to swear in front of his daughter but Liam makes it harder sometimes.

"Moana!" She says.

"Of course honey. But I'm talking to your dad," He says. Liam lifts up his head to face him, taking a bite of a slice of cheesy greasy pizza that honestly makes Zayn feel like throwing up.

"Wha?" He asks with his mouth full. Zayn points at somewhere signaling they should go talk somewhere where their daughter can't hear them. They walk a few steps away from her.

"Don't talk with your mouth full. And I asked you to make dinner Liam. This isn't dinner," Zayn complains. Sometimes it feels like he has two kids.

"It's night, it's food and we're eating it. The definition of dinner," Liam says. "I know you don't like Pizza so I ordered you some noodles."

"You were supposed to cook something, not order takeout. You know how I feel about it, and I don't want her to start eating this crap at her age," he whispers the last word just in case she could still hear them which is unlikely.

"Relax Zayn. It's a treat, not like she's gonna be eating it all the time,"

"She shouldn't be eating it at all, that's the point Liam. It's not healthy, she's a growing child, she needs greens and satiating food. I gave you the meal plan, why did you ignore it and order pizza instead?"

"She told me she wanted it. I don't think it's a good idea to be restricting food from her,"

"That isn't food. It's a greasy disgusting mess that shouldn't be going anywhere near her body. You haven't been with us for the past month Liam, you can't come all of a sudden and just change everything,"

"Are you actually getting mad over pizza Zayn?" Liam looks slightly amused which makes Zayn more upset. He's mad that Liam isn't taking him seriously.

"I'm mad because I asked you to do something and you didn't, I'm mad because you keep making me the bad parent that says no all the time just so you can be the fun laid back one that gets her whatever she wants," Zayn spits bitterly.

"Woah, woah. Where is this coming from? Fine, I'm sorry I didn't make dinner like you asked me too. I promise I won't do it next time," Liam apologizes, deciding to take the easy way out so Zayn would stop yelling.

"Ugh you don't even sound apologetic!" Zayn huffs, walking out and still upset.

Liam frowns. Zayn is acting moodier than usual but he's used to this by now. He just needs space to calm down. Liam goes back to the movie he's watching with Zahra. He only has a few days left before he has to leave again and he's determined to spend them with his daughter.

"Why is mama yelling?" Zahra asks.

"He's just a bit tired and he needs a nap," Liam says.

"Mama is always yelling," Zahra mumbles.

Unknown to the both of them, Zayn was listening in on the short conversation. As soon as he hears his daughter mutter those words, he instantly feels like shit.

Does he always yell? Is he that kind of partner and parent? Even his own daughter noticed, it must be worse than he thought.

He feels tears fall out of his eyes, he never wanted to be this kind of person. He never wanted to be a nagging boyfriend, but now he realizes that he is. And he needs to change.