chapter 8

"Louis!" He hears a voice calling his name, and he smiles when he sees who the person is. "Wait up."

He stops walking, waiting for the darker boy to catch up with him.

"Why are you walking home?" Jaime asks.

"I missed the bus." Louis replies simply.

"I'll walk with you," he says. "Where's Liam?" Jaime asks. He doesn't really like Louis best friend, the boy keeps sending him glares.

"He left without me," Louis says, shrugging. "I think he has a secret boyfriend that comes to pick him up after school."

"You think?" Jaime asks, an eyebrow raised. "Who is it?"

"He didn't tell me,"

"That's BS. You're his best friend. He's supposed to tell you everything." The darker boy says.

"He is, isn't he?" Louis realizes Jaime is right. Liam has been secretive, he wasn't even planning on telling Louis that he lost his virginity till Louis forced it out of him.

"If he doesn't tell you, I think it's your right to find out." Jaime says. "I'd help you. We can be like spies."

Louis laughs. "I don't think he'd like us invading his privacy."

"You're his best friend, it isn't exactly invading. So are you in?" Jaime asks. He isn't really interested in Liam, he's interested in having excuses to hang out with Louis. And specifically what comes after.

"I'm in."

...

"This is crazy," Liam mutters to himself. He's at home, trying to do his history assignment but he finds himself thinking about Zayn. "I mean, he didn't say we should stop being friends. Why won't he pick my calls."

"Who are you talking to?" He hears his moms voice call from his door.

"Myself," he says.

"You're a strange kid," his mom says.

Kid.

Fuck, everything reminds him of Zayn. It's been a week and he hasn't even spoken to Zayn.

"Liam, are you listening to me?" His mom brings him out of his thoughts.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" He asks.

"I'm going to work, don't wait up for me," she says.

"Mom, it's seven p.m. it's already late, can't you just stay?" He asks, not wanting to be alone.

"You know, I would but I can't. The hospital needs me," she says.

Liam wants to say, you're a nurse, not a doctor. But he knows it'll only make his mom feel guilty because she can't stay, and him feel bad for making her feel guilty. So he doesn't say anything and watches her leave.

He brings out his phone to text Zayn, knowing that he wouldn't get a reply.

Zee ❤️:I'm sorry, I didn't mean whatever happened to happen.

Zee ❤️: you said you'd be around when I'm lonely. I miss you

Zayn doesn't reply, he isn't really surprised. But what he doesn't expect was for his doorbell to start ringing ten minutes later. He thinks it's his mom, she probably forgot something. But when he opens his door, he's surprised to see Zayn.

"I brought pizza," Zayn says, showing Liam the box of pizza he brought. Liams mouth is wide open because he never expected this. "Close your mouth, kid. Or you'll attract flies."