Page 16 - No More Lies

"And what is so bad about that? If you need someone to battle with, I'm there for you." Selene said, "no that's not it." He said, "then why not battle?" She asked. "If I told you why, then you'd never think of me the same again, and abandon me like everyone else has abandoned me." He said.

"I would never." Selene said in an offended tone. "So just tell me why you don't want to battle." She said, "well I don't, not since the incident." He explained, "what incident?" She asked.
"It was once in battle practice some time ago......I was really powerful back then, and I was fighting one of my old friends.

I ended up launching a volley of different attacks, quick attack, tackle, bite, etcetera. He was hit by every last one and ended up having to get sent to the E.R. in a pokémon center. I was waiting so long for the news that he was ok, about a week had passed and the news I got was terrible.......

He had died in the E.R. a young pokémon had the rest of his life just taken by me....I couldn't live with myself after that happened. I wanted to run but I knew I couldn't run from my past, I had no one to turn to. All I knew is that I was the cause of his death, and that I was alone in a world full of hatred and judgement.

I caused it. A young pokémon who had a long life ahead of him had it all ended without even getting a chance to say his final words. I know the crime I committed, I had committed a murder....of one of my best friends, of all things......" Shadow said, he had started crying.

She shook her head, "no, it's not your fault." She told him. "It is my fault, is my attacks that I used." He said, "what's worse is I've never told anyone about what had happened...because of that incident I will never ever battle ever again." He continued. "I've even attempted to hide it from myself." He continued once more.

"It was only an accident, they happen." She tried to explain, "yeah an accident I caused." He responded. "Well someone told me once that you can't get helped unless you are willing to be helped, and I am just trying to help you, I know it's not your fault that he died. So don't let your past define who you are, because it doesn't, who you are is defined by your heart." She explained, "nothing you say will change the fact that I am at fault." He said.

------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know why I had such a hard time with this page, it appears my creativity is drained, I will have to take a break from writing, I will still post things and comment and such, I just need a break from writing in order to let my creativity flow, the next part will be started and released next week Thursday for those who live in the U.S.

Thunder
-------Out