Chapter 39 - The Arrow

Kara woke up comfortably in a bed she didn't recognise. She looked around, and deduced she was in Barry's room. The events of the night before came rushing back to her.

James broke up with her, but it was fine because she has feelings for Barry.

Kara found her phone still in her pocket, and noticed there was a flurry of missed messages and calls from Alex, so she decided to call her.

"Kara?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, why were you spamming my phone?" Kara asked.

"Where are you? I was at the apartment last night, and you didn't come home. At first I thought, okay, Kara's out tonight, its Friday night, so she could be out partying or something. That's when I remembered it was you I was thinking about, Kara Danvers who obeyed all the rules. But you didn't come home." Alex said.

"I'm at Barry's house. In his bed, actually somehow." Kara said.

"HOLY CRAP KARA! Your in a relationship with James, you can't just sleep with Barry." Alex shouted.

"Your actually wrong on two fronts. Firstly, James cheated on me." Kara began, and was cut off by Alex.

"I didn't take you for the type to have rebound sex." Alex said.

"Alex can you let me finish?" Kara asked angrily.

"Yeah sure, sorry." Alex apologised.

"I came to Barry's house to talk after James cheated on me, and after talking and watching Wizard of Oz, I fell asleep on his couch, and he must have taken me to his bed." Kara said.

"Oh. James is so dead." Alex said.

"No, Alex it's fine. I don't actually feel hurt, but if you ever see him, I wouldn't mind you maybe spilling some hot coffee on him." Kara said.

"Will do. So your over James already?" Alex said.

"Yeah." Kara said.

"Any chance that's because of Barry?" Alex asked suggestively.

"What no!" Kara knowingly lied.

"Oh please, you went to him after the breakup and now you don't feel bad after what happened with James. Plus, I can practically see your crinkle from here." Alex said.

"One day I'll get botox for that and I'll be able to actually lie to you." Kara said.

"Like that's going to change a thing! I'll still be able to read you like a book, Kara. And you know you like having a sister that knows how you feel." Alex said.

"It's not the worst thing in the world." Kara said, as she heard a ringing sound in the background.

"Duty calls." Alex sighed, knowing someone was calling her government issued phone.

"Well I'll see you tonight." Kara said.

"Will you? Maybe you might be able to get Barry in that bed." Alex joked.

"Alex!" Kara shouted, but before she could shout more, Alex hung up.

"Bitch." Kara muttered, before going to Barry's kitchen to make him breakfast as a thank you for being there for her.

At the kitchen, she saw breakfast was already made, and Barry had left a note for her.

'I made breakfast, if you need anything I'll be in the 'superhero' room, otherwise your welcome to make yourself at home, there's a lot of food in the cupboard, and Netflix is always logged in on the TV. If your about to go back home, say bye first!' The note read.

Once Kara walked into the room Barry was in, she saw him quickly put a cover on what he was doing.

"Hey." He said awkwardly, trying to hide what he was doing.

"You do know I can x-ray vision straight through that cover." Kara said.

"Crap." Barry muttered.

When Kara saw through it, she saw a suit. Not the kind of suit people wear to things like funerals, but the kind of suit Oliver Queen wears.

"Your making a new suit for Oliver?" Kara asked.

"Not really." Barry said, when Kara saw his eyes. They were red, it seemed like he'd been crying.

"What happened?" Kara asked.

"Oliver died." Barry said, as he broke down crying.

"I'm so sorry, I know how much he meant to you." Kara said, hugging Barry.

"I wouldn't be here without him. He was there for me when I needed it the most, but when he needed me, I was here. On another Earth." Barry said.

"There was nothing you could do about it Barry." Kara said softly.

"No you don't understand. I could have been there. I should have been there." Barry said.

"Wait a minute, if he is dead, who's the suit for?" Kara asked.

"Me." Barry said.

"What?!? No, you can't do that. You don't have superpowers anymore, you could die out there!" Kara shouted.

"The risk has always been there. You know it too. So what if I don't have powers? Oliver was able to be the green arrow without powers, and he was the best hero." Barry said.

"Barry who was your hero, Oliver or the Green Arrow?" Kara asked.

"That's not relevant Kara." Barry said.

"Then why are you doing this?" Kara asked.

"For him. I'm doing this for Oliver. This is about his legacy. He would want me to do this, maybe I won't be able to do as much as you and Clark, but I'll be able to help." Barry said.

"What exactly would he want you to do? Kill yourself?" Kara asked.

"Oliver lived this life for years!" Barry said.

"And look where that got him. Besides there are aliens on this Earth everywhere!" Kara replied.

"And there are meta humans on my Earth. I'm going to do this, Kara. The Green Arrow was the hero of my world. He saved countless lives. I'm doing this, with or without your support." Barry said.

"Well I certainly won't help you kill yourself doing so." Kara said, leaving the room and apartment.