Chapter 36 - Back From The Dead

"Barry?" Kara asked in shock.

"Barry you scared the living hell out of us." Oliver said.

"Barry say something." Kara said, worried as Barry said nothing.

"I'm just a bit tired right now. Sorry." Barry said, avoiding eye contact with Kara.

"You saved hundreds of people Barry, but never do anything like that again." Felicity said.

"If you guys are here, who is taking care of what happened back home?" Barry asked.

Kara and Clark smiled when Barry said that, as it was the first time Barry ever referred to Earth-38 as home. It always used to be Earth-1 that he called home.

"Don't worry, the JSA is taking care of that." Oliver said.

As if on cue, Earth-1 Kara and Max Mercury appeared through a breach.

"We took care of the explosion damage, the rest of the team is on standby in case something else happens." Power-girl said, while Max panted from going faster than he ever had, to open the breach.

"You can open a breach now?" Barry asked.

"You can come back from the dead now?" Max asked back.

"Touché." Barry muttered.

"Barry can we talk in private?" Max asked.

"Yeah, I have a feeling I know what this is about." Barry said.

"Wait." Power-girl said.

"Yeah?" Barry asked.

"I'm going to do something I might regret." Power-girl said, leaning in and kissing Barry on the lips quickly.

Kara (Earth-38) felt her heart drop when she saw the two of them kissing, but quickly tried to change the way she felt to happiness.

She couldn't have feelings for Barry.

When Barry pulled away, power-girl quickly apologised, and Max motioned for Barry to talk with him.

"Something's wrong with the speed-force." Max said.

"I know. I was just there." Barry said.

"What happened?" Max asked.

"The negative speed-force is expanding and taking over all the forces. The speed-force is dying, and we all only bave a small amount of speed to use." Barry said.

"So only emergencies?" Max asked.

"Yeah. Using the speed force in any way will take away our powers." Barry said.

"How did the negative speed-force become so powerful?" Max asked.

"Thawne." Barry muttered with his fists clenched.

"Like the reverse-flash?" Max asked.

"Yeah, the speed-force said he is working with another person, who calls himself the anti-monitor. Together they have wiped out an infinite number of Earth's, leaving just 52." Barry said.

"So what do we do?" Max asked.

"The speed-force said we can't face this alone, and I think it's right. We need to merge all the remaining 52 Earths into one, Earth Prime." Barry said.

Before the conversation could progress any farther, Barry and Max heard Oliver and Felicity calling him.

"What happened?" Barry asked, running at normal speed to where Oliver and Felicity were.

"Breach." Felicity said, pointing at the security camera in the breach room.

"Everyone get down to the breach room now!" Barry shouted, taking a bow and some arrows with him.