Chapter 16 - Who is Kara?

Barry walked into his office vibrating too fast for the human eye to process. Only someone with superhuman abilities would be able to see him, so he walked to Kara's desk, and confirming Barry's suspicions, Kara looked up and asked Barry how she could help.

Barry stopped vibrating so people wouldn't think Kara was crazy.

"Oh, nothing much, just wanted to know what time Cat normally comes here. I mean with all the 'mysterious woman saves plane' stuff going on, today's bound to be a busy day." Barry said.

"Yeah. Anyway, how are you?" Kara asked.

"Meh, same old same old." Barry said, a standard lie now.

"Same." Kara said, lying to Barry.

"Sooo, how are things with James?" Barry asked, winking at Kara.

"We are officially boyfriend and girlfriend." Kara said happily.

"That's great! By the way, you owe me big time." Barry reminded Kara.

"I know, anyway, I have a feeling Ms Grant is going to come soon." Kara said, and as if on cue, Cat Grant walked out of the elevator.

"All reporters, James and Kiera in my office now." Cat shouted.

Once everyone was in Cat's office she began speaking.

"Now we have a new superhero in town!" Cat began, "and I am going to beat the Daily Planet to them. They have hogged Lois Lane for much too long. Now, I will call the woman that saved the plane 'Supergirl' and I will need an exclusive with the speedy one to name him. Barry, get me an exclusive by the end of the week. Now headlines. Give me your best shots."

"Supermenace? With a question mark at the end?" One reporter suggested, followed by many other ideas.

"Superman's little sister,"

"Sidekick to Superman,"

"Superblonde,"

"Hope? With a question mark at the end." Barry suggested.

"Speak." Cat said to Barry.

"Well we all know that Superman stands for truth, justice, and the American way. That probably means absolutely nothing to most people in this country. The lightning man wears a mask hiding his face and is rarely even seen. Supergirl could be different. She could be a beacon of hope to everyone." Barry said, warming Kara's heart that he was standing up for Supergirl when everyone else was suggesting negative things about Supergirl.

"Yes Barry, that's good. Shows we have faith in this girl. Now shoo." Cat said.

After work, Kara approached Winn.

"Winn. I need to talk to you." Kara said.

"Sure, what is it?" Winn asked.

"I am Supergirl." Kara said.

Winn chuckled, "yeah I am superman." 

"No Winn, I am not joking." Kara said, before heat visioning Winn's coffee.

"Oh my god. Your her!" Winn said.

"And I need someone that believes in me." Kara said, "I need you and James to help me."

"Sure, wait a minute, do you have a suit yet?" Winn asked.

"No, I was hoping you would make one for me." Kara said.

"Oh hell yeah!" Winn said excitedly.

"Meet me at my house tonight at 7?" Kara asked.

"I will be there." Winn confirmed.