Chapter 3 - The Speed-force

After Barry left the league, he began to run to Star City to talk to Oliver. A speed-force portal then opened up and told Barry in the form of his mother that he had to go into the speed-force, where they would explain.

Iris then appeared and Barry quickly ran to Iris and hugged her. When Iris pulled away he knew that something was wrong. 

"Iris?" Barry asked.

"No Barry, we just thought that you would be happier if you saw her face again before we explain everything to you." The speed-force replied.

"Ok, what is it?" Barry asked.

"You are not fast enough, even after all your training with the league of assassins, you will not be able to beat Zoom, he has been going to multiple Earths and stealing every speedster he can find's speed, and he is now so fast, that it would seem like you are moving in slow motion if you were in a fight with him." The speed-force told Barry.

"So what can I do?" Barry questioned, knowing the speed-force was an eternal entity, so it would have the wisdom and knowledge to help him.

"You will stay here. Time passes in the speed-force differently to in the rest of the multiverse, so you will not age, but you can spend whatever amount of time you want over here. In the time you will spend here, you will train, and you will learn secrets of the speed-force that few speedsters know about. While you spend time here, you will also absorb excess energy over here and learn how to tap into the speed-force more efficiently, letting you go faster than you thought possible."

"Ok, let's start!" Barry said, not knowing how challenging his time in the speed-force would be.

Barry first learnt basic things.

He learnt how to tap into the speed-force better and soon his lightning colour began to change. While when he first came into the speed-force his lightning was orange, after what would have been a thousand years outside of the speed-force, Barry's lightning colour began to change. It first began to become a light blue, unlike Zoom's dark blue lightning, this one was a natural colour. The light blue lightning slowly began to become lighter and lighter, until it was white. The colour of Barry's lightning was now pure white.

The speed-force then began teaching Barry new tricks.

Barry first learnt he could become invisible, by vibrating so fast that the eye simply sees right through him.

He then learnt he could share the speed-force with others, so they can move at super-speed with him, although not as fast as him.

After that he learnt how to punch with the equivalent force of a dwarf star.

Then he learnt how to make solid constructs with just speed-force energy.

And he also learnt how to control those constructs, making them do what he wants, but with all the power of the speed-force, they can also run faster than Barry could ever run.

He finally learnt how to absorb kinetic energy, and steal someone's speed, even if they are not a speedster.

Finally after what would have been 100,000 years outside of the speed-force, the speed-force said Barry was ready, and gave him a parting gift. It was a new suit for Barry, but it was made out of speed-force energy, so it did not feel like a suit.

Barry could have made the suit himself, but he never would have been able to design it by himself. Barry tried the suit on and found that it has Gideon, his artificial intelligence, built in to the suit's earpiece and eye wind-shield. He thanked the speed-force, before leaving, and the speed-force wished him luck.

 He thanked the speed-force, before leaving, and the speed-force wished him luck

A/N (the suit, I know it is godspeed's suit but it just looks so cool)

Barry then ran out of the speed-force, straight to central city in Earth 1 where he called out for Zoom.