Chapter 7 - Barry's new life

Barry had quickly gotten used to his new life. He would now wake up early in the morning to make breakfast for Clark, Lois and himself, which was normally a buffet of many different foods that even the best chefs in the world would be envious of. Of course, Barry did not actually cook the food, but instead used speed-force energy to make the food.

Barry did whatever he could to repay Clark and Lois for letting him stay with them and for making him feel welcome.

When Lois was pregnant, Barry made red-sun lamps for Lois, so when the baby started kicking, Lois would not get hurt. Barry even visited Lois frequently during his breaks. 

When the Clark and Lois' twins were born, Clark was busy being Superman and a reporter, while Lois was busy being a reporter. Clark's twins were named Jason and Ella, and Barry took care of them a lot, as Clark was busy as superman, and they have super-strength. 

Meanwhile in Barry's career, he was progressing rapidly, first starting off as a junior reporter, and quickly becoming a well known reporter in the daily planet, known for finding things that even local authorities could not find.

He was offered a job by the MCPD (Metropolis City Police Department) as a CSI, because of how he could notice things and make sense of them better than anyone else. 

Barry wanted to expand his horizons and leave Metropolis City, but he did not want to leave Lois and Clark after all that they had done for him. 

After working at the Daily Planet for 4 years Barry was a well known reporter, known just as well as Clark Kent and Lois Lane. When CatCo Worldwide Media gave Barry a job offer to be the editor in chief at CatCo, Barry ignored the letter because he felt indebted to Clark and Lois.

Clark saw the letter on the dining table, and read it. He then approached Barry and asked him about the letter.

"Hey, Barry." Clark said, to get Barry's attention.

"Yeah? Do you need help with anything?" Barry asked.

"No, no, I just wanted to ask if you were going to take the position at CatCo?" Clark asked Barry.

"No, I don't want to go, I feel like I need to help you and Lois with Jason and Ella, and plus, what will you do without my world class breakfast buffets every morning?" Barry joked back.

"No seriously, this is a great opportunity, Lois and I would jump on it straight away, you should go!" Clark encouraged Barry.

"But what about Jason and Ella, you are always busy as superman, and because they have super-strength, Lois can get hurt when taking care of them." Barry said.

"Ah, yes, but I heard about a red sun bracelet, and it can weaken them so they are just like humans and do not have kryptonian powers." Clark said.

"Ok, do you really think I should go to National City for this job?" Barry asked.

"Yeah, definitely, plus, you are the fastest man alive, so you can get here in a matter of seconds." Clark reasoned.

"Ok, I'll send a letter saying I am accepting." Barry said.

And so Barry replied to Cat Grant and said that he would accept the job offer.

As a parting gift, Barry gave Ella a red sun necklace, and Jason a red sun bracelet. He gave Clark a new suit, that he built into a bracelet which had kryptonite shielding and yellow sun lamps built in, so he is constantly absorbing extra yellow sun radiation. He made it with speed-force energy, so it weighed next to nothing. He gave Lois a watch, with a button the shape of a lightning bolt underneath the watch-face.

"Thought I could make the red sun power dampeners for Ella and Jason so it's easier to take care of the troublemakers. As for your suit Clark, I thought that you could use something like a bracelet to carry it with so you don't always wear your suit under your clothes. It also has kryptonite shielding and yellow sun lamps, so kryptonite radiation doesn't harm you, except for if someone somehow gets kryptonite into your bloodstream, then the suit will not help you. I also put a yellow sun lamp, so you have your powers fully recharged all the time. This should help you avoid solar-flaring much. And Lois, just press the button when you or Clark are in trouble and I will come racing here to save Clark, because I know he'll be getting in lots of trouble without me." Barry said.

"Come here Allen." Lois said, pulling Barry into a hug.

Next Clark extended his arms signalling for a hug, and Barry obliged.

Seeing that Barry was leaving, the twins ran into Barry's arms, and hugged him. 

"Uncle Barry!" They both exclaimed.

"Jason, Ella, be good to your mom, it's okay if you sometimes annoy your dad." Barry said, making the twins giggle. "Now, here, put these on," Barry said, putting the necklace on Ella and giving the bracelet to Jason.

After everyone thanked Barry, Clark pulled him aside saying that he wanted to talk.

"Yeah?" Barry asked.

"Do you have any plans to become a superhero again?" Clark asked Barry.

"Maybe, maybe not. Being the flash brings back too many painful memories." Barry told Clark.

"Then don't be the flash, be someone else. You already have a new suit, right? Now all you need is a new name. I am sure someone in the world will come up with a name for you." Clark said to Barry.

"Maybe. But I was never the flash, it was also my team. I don't know what I could do without them. But hey, I'll give it a shot." Barry said.

"Okay, I have a feeling you are going to give me a run for my money in this superhero business." Clark said.

"Yes, but if it was a run, then you would lose, because I am the fastest man alive." Barry said, trying to subtly challenge Clark.

"Oh yeah, Allen? Let's race, first one to National City." Clark challenged.

"Your on man of steel" Barry said, "3. 2. 1. Go!"

Barry quickly reached National City in under a second, before running back to see he had accelerated so fast that he had knocked Clark over, and Clark was still on the ground.

"Let's take this to the air!" Clark said, before flying up, thinking Barry would not be able to reach him there, but Clark was wrong. Barry created a jetpack from speed-force energy, and flew into the sky.

"Race you now?" Clark asked.

"Sure." Barry said.

Barry began rotating his legs and arms very fast, creating a mini tornado, small enough to not damage anything below him, but big enough to keep Barry in the air.

Barry then directed his personal mini-tornado to the direction of national city, and he managed to get Clark stuck in the tornado. When Barry was directly above National City, he used a blast of power to send Clark flying away, before he began to fall down to the city. At the last second. he created a parachute with speed-force energy, and he began spinning to slow his decent. A few seconds later, a very angry Superman arrived.

"Sorry superman, guess you will always too slow for the fastest man alive." Barry taunted, before they hugged, and went their separate ways.