Chapter 17 - Team Supergirl

Kara gave the coffee Barry gave her to Cat Grant.

"Wow Kiera, I didn't expect you to actually get this." Ms Grant said, taking a sip of the coffee.

"Mhmmm" Ms Grant said, "This is electrifying. Feels like I have lightning coursing through my veins."

Kara thought about how that was what she felt when she saved the plane. Ms Grant had no idea what it was really like to have lightning coursing through her veins.

"So do you like it?" Kara asked.

"Yes. I love it. The mellow flavour and lighter body are especially good. How long did you take to make this?" Ms Grant asked.

"Since morning when you asked." Kara said.

"And yet you were still able to do your normal work here even when I gave you an impossible task. You need a raise." Ms Grant said.

"Ms Grant, you really don't need to. I just doing my job." Kara said.

"Be quiet, I am trying to do something nice. My therapist said it would help. Now, 5k more per month. Now go home." Ms Grant said.

"W-why? My working hours go on for another 4 hours." Kara said.

"Kiera. Listen to me. In your life, you need to snatch every opportunity you get. You protested your pay raise, now you don't want to go home early, fine. Book me a leg massage and cancel the board meeting." Ms Grant said.

"You know what? I think I'll leave early." Kara said, making Ms Grant smile,

Kara the went to visit James before heading home.

"Hey." James said, looking up from his laptop.

"Hey, did you find out anything about Barry?" Kara asked.

"I haven't started looking yet. I just need to finish my work first. I'll start following him in a few minutes." James said.

Just then, a live-stream of the lightning man was on the television. Kara used her x-ray vision to see Barry was in his office with the framed picture he kept on his desk in his hands.

"Is he in his office?" James asked.

"Yes. He is." Kara said, "but still watch him, I don't know why, but I still think he is the lightning man."

"Ok." James said.

Kara then went home and James took out his camera and waited outside Barry's office door. Barry's training with the league of assassins taught him to be perceptive. So Barry sat still, breathing slowly and calming his nerves. Barry then closed his eyes and focused all attention on his ears. Barry heard James breathing outside the door.

Barry then got up and walked to the door. Once James heard Barry getting up from his chair, he knocked on Barry's door to make it seem as if James had just arrived outside.

"Come in." Barry said, chuckling.

"Thanks." James said.

"Okay, let's get to it. Why were you waiting outside my office for minutes?" Barry asked.

"What do you mean?" James asked, making Barry smile.

"Come on James, I heard you breathing." Barry said.

"How?" James asked.

"I learnt to hone my senses." Barry replied.

"Fine, I'm here because Kara thinks you are the lightning man and she wants me to look into you. I know, it sounds absurd, you were on the television while you were with us at game night, but Kara still thinks you are him." James told Barry.