Chapter 7. "The Bonds Between Us"

Hey guys! Edit of chapter 7 is now up!

Disclaimer: I don't own any but Beth's storyline.

Hope you enjoy and please review!

Chapter 7. "The Bonds Between Us."

"Found the place to rest my head" - Florence and the Machine, 'Never Let Me Go'.

Dear brother,

I don't even know where to begin.

Have you ever encountered a situation in which you made a risky move out of love for your friends or family?

On the same day I wrote you my last letter, I received word that Caspian fled his castle after his aunt gave birth to a boy and therefore, providing his uncle, Lord Protector Miraz, with an heir.

My adoptive father, King Ersan, refused the request Caspian's tutor made for troops and I understand his position, really, because as King you're supposed to have your country's safety as your main priority.

But I'm no queen yet. And, as princess, regardless of how irresponsible it may sound, I had to do something.

So now, I'm in Narnia. We set up base in the structure called the How, which the Old Narnians made as a shelter once the Kings and Queens of Old were gone and before the telmarines invaded.

Also, the Narnian Kings and Queens of Old are here (I'm sure I told you about them in one of my first letters.)

I should really write a book once all this is over.

That being said, it's been two weeks since they have arrived and the monarchs, Caspian and I have become really close...with one obvious exception.

Lucy and Caspian are as close as siblings. I think Lucy sees in Caspian someone who never ignores her opinion or diminishes her for being a little girl and in turn, Lucy, to Caspian, is the little adorable sister he had always wanted to have. Really though, their bond is nothing compared to mine with Lucy, humility aside. I had a feeling about her when we first met and I was proven right, since we're now the best of friends.

I think Caspian had that same feeling about Edmund because they're both so similar, both with a quick mind and a love for strategy and books and sometimes it's actually quite scary how well they know one another. I think that Caspian found in Edmund someone who challenges his own skill of teasing others and coming up with sarcastic comments constantly, so it takes no genius to figure out how they bonded so tightly. I'm quite close to Edmund as well, but I'm trying not to distract myself too much and just focus on the war.

Okay, so I might have a little bit of a crush on him, and I'm almost sure the others are placing bets on who will declare their feelings first, but I try not to focus on that. I always felt identified to Edmund because of the hardships he endured and, in retrospective, I guess that's what made him so thoughtful and wise, so I really like talking to him. If I'm being honest, I don't want to risk telling him about my little (tiny, really) crush on him and lose my comfortable friendship with him.

Once Peter heard of my escape from Anvard, he suddenly respected me immensely. I can't say I have as much in common with him as I do with Ed or Lu but Peter is a great guy and it's so interesting to hear the stories he tells from the Golden Age, so we've become good friends during these past few days. Caspian and Peter...it really reminisces the typical fight between two alpha males who want to limit their territory, you know? To be fair, Caspian did try to gain Peter's approval but, whether it is because of how they met (story for another time), or due to the obvious crush Caspian has on Susan, he has failed so far.