Chapter 5. "It's All About Faith."

Hi! Edit of chapter 5 is now up!

Disclaimer: I only own Beth's storyline!

Cheers for reading! Appreciate any reviews!

Chapter 5 "It's All About Faith."

"All we need, all we need is hope. / And for that we have each other." - Andra Day, 'Rise Up.'

"How are you even here?"

Beth rolled her eyes as her best friend fell into step with her. She glanced carefully at the centaur Glenstorm, his sons, Trufflehunter and Nikabrik who walked ahead of them before elbowing the prince.

"Are you crazy? Did you actually think I was going to leave you on your own?" Beth smirked at her friend before sighing, her shoulders dropping. "I tried to bring help but father didn't want to jeopardize our relationship with the telmarine crown. I snuck out that same night."

"But, Beth, he must be worried sick about you," Caspian spoke carefully, feeling equal amounts of love and fear for the princess, both due to what she'd sacrificed to go to Narnia.

"Of course he is," Beth shrugged before smiling thinly. She distractedly fiddled with her necklace as they walked, "And I have no idea how am I going to fix that once I am done here but...I had a feeling. I was meant to come to your aid and Narnia's."

They walked in deep silence for a few minutes, Beth deep in thought, Caspian shocked speechless.

Finally, Caspian grabbed her arm, both of them stalling as they turned towards the other.

"You didn't have to leave your whole life because of me, Beth," Caspian began, his tone serious. He placed his hands on his friend's shoulders, "I love you so much for this but I don't want you to be in danger. You're my best friend and I don't want you to lose anything because of me. I'd kill myself before letting anything happen to you."

Beth only looked at him with playful eyes.

Caspian frowned. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Say it."

"Say what?"

Beth smirked. "Say I'm the best friend you could've ever asked for."

Caspian groaned with exasperation before resuming his walk. "There's no talking seriously to you, huh?"

"Oh, Caspian, don't be so bitter," Beth laughed before racing forward. She held onto his arm to make him stop and forced him to look at her as she sobered. "Look, I know tyrants like Miraz, okay? I lost so much against someone like him. You're my best friend and my big brother ever since Tor's passing, and I've got your back, no matter what. I'm staying, so suck it up."

Caspian couldn't help but smile at that. He embraced Beth tightly. "Well, thank you. You're amazing, Beth."

"Oh please, what are best friends for if not for risking their lives for each other?" Beth's voice was muffled as she spoke into his chest.

Caspian wordlessly pulled away and grasped her hand as they moved on.

They knew each other so well that no other words were necessary. So, as they walked in silence, both true heirs to the telmarine and archenlandian thrones felt stronger than ever.

They silently thought of Beth's adoptive brother Tor, who had passed away a year ago when he and Torin were attacked by a pack of wolves. Tor sacrificed himself so his younger brother could escape.

Tor died a hero.

Caspian, Beth and Tor had been the best of friends so when the former heir of Archenland passed, the remaining duo was heartbroken.