SEVENTEEN

Y/N

Jinyoung stood in front of you awkwardly as you sat by the dressing table. His hair was slicked back but he was wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans. You looked up at him and he was staring at the ground.

"I understand if you don't want to marry me anymore." You muttered, catching his attention. He snaps his head up and shakes it immediately.

"N-no I do but... Do you?" He eyes you warily.

"I-I'm not sure." You bite your lip and pick on your fingers. "I would've been fine with it if we had more time to get to know each other but..."

Your eyes go towards the letter on the dressing table. Jinyoung follows your gaze and he frowns.

"You love Jungkook."

"I do... I'm sorry, I thought that if I married you I would be able to forget him and move on." You felt tears pricking your eyes. "I truly was really really slowly but I heard everything your mother told you last night. If I married you I would feel used, my family would suffer loss. I don't want that to happen, I don't want to feel that way."

"I understand." Jinyoung nods his head. "If only I found this out earlier then I would've found a way to break the contract."

"What even happens if we break the contract?" You were curious, you never really read it over before signing now you face consequences.

"The family who breaks the contract needs to pay 20 million."

"20?! Your parents really are crazy. It's a marriage contract."

"If it was broken they would suffer a greater loss since us being married means that they can get help from your parents any time and they'll take more than just 20 million like the devils they are."

"I never knew that you could talk about your parents like that." You grinned and he laughs.

"Well after seeing what they've done I don't exactly want to call them my parents." Jinyoung scratches the back of his neck and thinks for a moment. "How about I break the engagement with you?"

"Then your family will suffer loss." You say it in a 'duh' tone.

"They're the ones who started it, they should pay for it."

"But I don't want that. If anything they'll probably prey on another family to earn what they lost again." You shrugged and stared at your new bracelet. "The best case scenario is I manage to convince my parents to give up the 20 million. I'm sure they'll do it, better than losing more."

Jinyoung sighs. "I'll look over the contract one more time, if there's nothing we can do then we'll do your plan but I'll look over the contract trust me if anything goes suspicious."

"Jinyoung... Why are you doing this? No offense but I thought you would act like nothing happened, not try to help me."

"I like you, I haven't tried to deny it since I first knew about it. However I didn't want you to get caught up in my parents' plan to save their company." He smiles at you making you feel bad. "Plus I can see that Jungkook loves you, he's my brother, I want him to be happy too so if you have a chance to be happy, I'll give up the marriage."

"You're really mature." You couldn't help but say causing him to laugh. "Thank you. You're a really caring brother, you always notice the little things Jungkook does."

"You too." He teases making you roll your eyes. "Wait..." Jinyoung mutters, looking as if realization hits him. "If you-"

"Jinyoung? What are you doing here? You're not allowed to see Y/N until the wedding!" Mrs. Jeon walks into the dressing room with the rest of the bridal party. You and Jinyoung share a look.