SIXTEEN

Y/N

The wedding happens in less than 24 hours and you are totally having a mental breakdown. Nothing you did could calm you from the jitters.

It was almost midnight and you couldn't sleep although Mrs. Jeon told you to sleep early. You left your room and wanted to get some water. You walked downstairs and you saw the kitchen light on, you heard Jinyoung and his mother talking.

"Mom I don't think we should have the wedding tomorrow." Jinyoung says making your heart hurt a little. "Y/N is freaking out too much and I'm worried about her, you're pushing it."

"You both agreed on getting married." Mrs. Jeon argues.

"Yea because you guilted us into saying yes."

You knew you shouldn't be listening but you couldn't help it.

"I visited granny today, you know what the doctor's told me when I asked about her condition? She has at least 3 years." Your eyes grew wide and Jinyoung continued. "Why are you trying to rush this marriage?"

"Because..." Mrs. Jeon stutters. "Our latest investment isn't even close to reaching the profits that we wanted and we put everything we had on it. When you marry Y/N we get financial support from her family which can make up what we lost."

That was the first you've heard of it. The Jeon's have always given the impression that they were a perfect happy family with lots of wealth.

They were supposed to be better than yours.

"They've grown tremendously and gained lots of attention these past few years, if you marry Y/N then the attention will turn to us but if they find out our situation they'll call off the wedding."

"You planned this whole thing."

"Of course, if not for our situation you think we'll offer a marriage to them?" Mrs. Jeon scoffs. "They were so foolish to accept it so easily and I guess we have Jungkook to thank for that."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you not know your own fiance? She's in love with Jungkook. However you and her look more of a perfect couple, people would be more interested in you two, I can tell she also likes you."

"You aren't scared if I reject her after this?"

"You won't because I know you love her and won't put the company in more danger."

Suddenly you didn't feel so thirsty anymore. You finally knew why the Jeon's have acted so nice to you when they used to barely notice you.

They were sick, they took advantage of your love for Jungkook for their own benefits. Jungkook was right, they use and sacrifice other people's happiness for their own good.

You clenched your fist and headed upstairs.

When you got upstairs you walked past your room and knocked on Jungkook's door. It took a while before he opened it, he looked tired.

"What."

Your eyes brimmed with tears and he started looking concerned. "I'm sorry about earlier but I need someone to talk to."

He hesitantly nods his head and lets you into his room closing the door behind you. You sit on his bed and he stands in front of you with his arms crossed.

"I feel so used and disgusted right now." You sniffed. "I overheard Mrs. Jeon talking. She knew I liked you, she had the audacity to propose a marriage implying that I may marry you so I'll sign the stupid contract!"

Jungkook doesn't say a word and just nods his head telling you he's listening.

"They're in need of financial aid and since my family has been earning more money than them they come to us because they think we're pushovers."