EIGHT

Y/N

"Morning." You yawned and walked into the dining room. Mr. and Mrs. Jeon greets you as always and you take a seat.

"Y/N, Jinyoung left early due to urgency at the company so he can't drive you to school." Mrs. Jeon informs you.

"Oh, that's fine. I can take the bus."

"But a bus takes too long." Mrs. Jeon frowns. "How about you ask Jungkook. I'm sure he can take you."

"I don't think that's a good idea." You had your mind set on completely distancing yourself from Jungkook for a while although you knew it might not be possible.

"What's not a good idea?" You look up from your plate, Jungkook took a seat and grabbed some cereal.

"Nothing." Mrs. Jeon answers. "Jungkook how about you take Y/N to school today?"

"No." Jungkook rejects immediately.

"You two have the same morning class together, take her." Mr. Jeon says and Jungkook rolls his eyes at his father.

"You can't tell me what to do. It's my car."

"I was the one who paid for that car." Mr. Jeon argues.

"Well I never told you to buy me it did I?"

"When will you ever get out of this phase? It's been going on for years."

"It's not a phase." Jungkook glares. "I'll live my life the way I want and this is it. I don't need you or anybody, you're the one who forces me to live in this fucking house and buys me shit thinking that you could make up for it."

"I'm sorry about what happened to Ina."

"Don't say her name. You don't have the right." Jungkook gets up from his seat, toppling it over.

Jungkook grabs his keys from the little shelf near the door and leaves. You look at Mr. Jeon who looked anguished. Who was Ina?

"Minseok I thought we agreed not to bring it up anymore." Mrs.Jeon lectures her husband.

"Who's Ina?" You asked and they turned to you.

"We're very sorry you had to see that Y/N but Ina is- was Jungkook's mother." Mr. Jeon sighs.

So that was her name.

You never knew anything except that she's deceased. "She passed in an accident when Jungkook was in high school. Since then Jungkook has been living with me and resents me."

"Oh." You say not knowing what to do. You didn't want to ask more about his mother, you knew that Jungkook wouldn't want you to know and Mrs. Jeon sat right in front of you so it would make things awkward.

"Um, I should get going if I want to take the bus." You smile slowly getting up. The couple sadly smiles at you and you leave.

When you walk into your lecture, you notice that Jungkook wasn't there. Mingyu waves at you and you wave back giving him a small smile.

"How was yesterday?" You asked when he gets up and walks towards you.

"Fun." He shrugs.

"The girls?"

"Ditched them, they were getting boring. It's always the same old thing."

"Then why even talk to them?" You roll your eyes.

Mingyu wiggles his eyebrows. "Why? Jealous?"

"You know who I like. Where is he anyways?"

"Don't know. He just texted me that he's not gonna show. Something happened?"