TEN

Y/N

You looked at Mingyu who was sitting next to you and then at Jungkook who sat across. Mingyu makes eye contact with you when you look back and he shrugs.

"How are you doing?" Mingyu asks. "I've barely seen you at the basketball court anymore."

"I'm fine. Just been trying to read Pride and Prejudice." You wave the book in the air. "I almost fell asleep 3 times."

"It took you a week to finish the book? And I thought you were the smart one." He teases, making you chuckle.

"Yea well I don't know. I just don't like the book." You shrugged. "So? Are we going to discuss or what?"

"Yea Jungkook. What are we going to discuss?" Mingyu smiles at his friend who grunts in response.

"Um I guess what did you like about the book?" You suggested. "What do you think could've gone differently and all that."

"Well I think that Mr. Darcy was a dick."

"He was a dick but I loved the letter where he explained why he had done everything in the past. He sounded earnest."

"Oh, I didn't finish that whole part. I gave up halfway." Mingyu laughs causing you to follow suit.

"Do you really think that a letter is enough to change a girls mind on their feelings?" Jungkook scoffs. "That only happens in novels."

"Well it was a novel so it doesn't matter now does it." You roll your eyes at him and Mingyu shoots you a curious look. "But technically she didn't believe it at first until she realized the truth. Who knows maybe someone out there has the same love story as them."

"Ok lets write this stupid report!" Mingyu shouts and starts typing on his laptop.

At the end of the week, our reports were all due and we handed them in at the beginning of class. The professor starts talking about the novel and students raise their hand participating in the discussion.

"Y/N what did you think about the book?" The professor smiles at you.

"Uh well... I loved the part where the maid reveals Darcy's good side of him, it was what made Elizabeth fall in love with him."

"Don't you think that Elizabeth mistaken love for greed or guilt?" You turned back and Jungkook was looking down at you. "Her family was put in a tough position, it wouldn't be hard to believe that Elizabeth never really loved Darcy but wanted his money."

"Elizabeth never wanted to marry anyone for wealth and status." You argued. "If she did then she would've chosen Mr. Collins."

"Then why would she socialize with Darcy when she tells herself not to dance with him?" Jungkook leans against his desk. "Maybe she just doesn't realize it."

"Then why would she reject Darcy? He had wealth and power yet she refused his proposal because she didn't love him."

"Alright fair point." Jungkook nods his head and you felt relieved since this was starting to feel all too familiar. "But don't you agree that Darcy should've stopped chasing after Elizabeth after her rejection?"

You knew what Jungkook was trying to get at. He was never talking about the book, he was talking about your relationship. First you were Elizabeth now you're Darcy.

Mingyu and their friends seemed to have also caught on because they were whispering and eyeing you.

"Darcy had given Elizabeth space when he had visited their estate with Bingely. It wasn't only until Bingely had gotten engaged with Jane where he didn't care and hinted that he still felt the same." You answered, "but if Elizabeth hadn't felt the same then he would've stopped loving her and changed his feelings."