Accidental Feelings [2/3]

No One's POV

Darryl: Is this Zak?

Zak :)- yeah. im guessing this is darryl lol

Darryl: Yep! :D I promised you that I would take you out for dinner and since school is now over for the day, may I take you out now?

Zak :)- that would be cool. im not rly doing anything rn

Darryl: Okay. Would you like me to pick you up or do you want to meet somewhere?

Zak :)- lets meet at the park a block away from the school. by that one starbucks. in 20 mins?

Darryl: Okay :) I'll see you there. Bye muffin!

Zak :)- cya darryl :p

———

Zak's leg bounces up and down as he rereads the conversation for the 5th time. Around 25 minutes have passed and he is waiting for Darryl at the park. The playground is empty and no one else is outside. Just Zak, who is sitting on a bench near the street.

Watching at the time ticks by, he debates whether or not if Darryl is trolling him or not. Maybe he shouldn't have agreed to this.

Sighing sadly, he begins to place his phone back into his pocket. Just as he is about to stand up, he hears someone calling his name.

"Zak!"

With open eyes, Zak turns his head to the side to see Darryl running down the sidewalk, heading towards the younger boy.

Zak smiles, feeling his heart pick back up as he now knows he's just a few minutes late. "Hey, Darryl." He calls out.

In another black hoodie and some black skinny jeans, Darryl slows his pace down and regains his breath. "S-Sorry for being late..." Darryl sighs and lifts himself back up, sending a smile towards Zak.

Zak giggles, "It's alright."

"So, where would you like to go?" Darryl asks, putting his hands into his pockets.

"How about the mall? It's not that far from here and we can just walk around there. I do want to get to know you more." Zak tilts his head, grinning back at Darryl who nods.

"Then, let's go." Darryl hums and the two begin to walk towards the mall.

——-

"So, you guys excited for the Winter Dance?" Vurb asks with a smirk.

The four are walking down the school hallway. Students are bustling with joy and sprinting out of the school to prepare for tomorrow night's dance.

"Oh hell yeah. You remember the plan, Darryl?" Zelk raises an eyebrow.

"He didn't say yes yet. I'm going to ask him later today." Darryl rolls his eyes in annoyance. The two wouldn't stop bugging him about making Zak go to the dance.

Zak made his way into Darryl's heart somehow. He knew he shouldn't have fallen for him, but he did. And he fell hard. He couldn't get his adorable giggles and small smiles out of his head.