Just a Friend to You

@/MichelaPetrh: "Idea; A story based on the song "just a friend to you

Zak and Darryl are college students and friends, but then they actually start to have feelings for each other. But one day, Darryl (for some reason ;) ) starts to ignore Zak. One day for some reason, Zak runs into the woods and he will sing a part on the song with Darryl (he followed Zak) while cuddling (or the hud where you put your head on the other's shoulder..) and that's it."

i hate that i can relate to this song. it hurts but theres nothing i can do :,)
———-

No One's POV

Zak remembers the smiles Darryl makes whenever he was around. He loved the feeling after making his best friend happy. It was warm and fuzzy, butterflies dancing in his stomach.

He loved the feeling of Darryl's arm wrapped around him. They would last for a while and he would never want to leave him. Sometimes, if they were hanging out at one another's dorm, they would cuddle and watch movies together.

Zak noticed something was changing.

Darryl.

Whenever Zak would go in to hug Darryl, he would flinch and hesitate before hugging back. It hurt when he pulled away just for a few seconds and look away. He didn't bother about asking him, thinking it was nothing.

His texts with him changed as well. Usually, they would talk for hours and send one another cute messages. Sometimes a heart or two popping up in the conversations. Now, Darryl would ignore the flirtatious texts Zak sends him and changes the topic. Instead of sending Zak 'Goodnight you muffin >.> <3', they would just be a simple 'Gn.'

Darryl couldn't help it. Once he started figuring out his feelings, he didn't know what to do. He would blush much more often when receiving a hug or flirtatious texts and he wanted to get rid of the feeling. He knew Zak didn't like him. They were just trolls, right? Zak, the little troll. He thought he could remove the feelings by slowly ignoring Zak and becoming less bland.

This has been going on for about a week. Zak was not having it anymore. He decided to ask Darryl why he was ignoring him.

Zak <3: bad, please, is something going on? i miss the old u

Darry <3: Nothing is wrong. Just dealing with somethings.

Zak <3: r u sure? i mean, uve been ignoring me for a while. please, if u need to talk, im here for u. i dont like seeing u like this :(

The frown hurt Darryl. He knew he was breaking the poor boy but he wanted to get rid of these stupid feelings. Zak doesn't like him back, he just knows it. He needs to get rid of these feelings before he could talk to Zak again.