Number Friend

ight bet@/ElanaShhhh requested: "I HAVE TWO PROMPTS UWU

ight bet
@/ElanaShhhh requested: "I HAVE TWO PROMPTS UWU... Zak, who's lonely and depressed, texts a random number in search of a friend. Darryl is the one who receives the message..."
——

⚠️ depression, family issues, etc etc. (no blood or self harm)

No One's POV

Zak stares at the wall in front of him as he hears the screams of his parents downstairs. Bashing and the sounds of glass breaking can be heard as Zak tosses his blankets over him.

He can hear his parents arguing about him. He bites his bottom lip and curls himself up into a ball. He whispers apologizes to himself.

"I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE! HE NEEDS TO MOVE OUT SOON!" His father yells downstairs. The mother yelling back to defend the poor boy.

"WHY!? HE SHOULD MOVE OUT WHENEVER HE WANTS! HE NEEDS TO FIND THE PERFECT TIME TO MOVE!"

Zak blocks out the noise. He sits up and stretches to grab his earbuds from his nightstand. His room is dark and the curtains are closed, blocking the moonlight from entering. He plugs his earbuds in and finds a random playlist to avoid the commotion.

He curls up back into a ball, with his head just peaking out from under the covers as he decided to distract himself by going to his messages. He notices that he has only 3 different contacts. All are his family. He didn't have any friends.

He sighs and disappointment and he wipes a tear from his eye. He creates a new message. Instead of going to Instagram or Twitter, he decided to type in a random phone number in the contact. Once he does, he sends the stranger a simple Hi.

"One new friend... please..." He whispers, watching his screen carefully as he sees his message delivered. He sees the time slowly go by. A minute passes. Zak sighs and shakes his head.

He's about to go to another app when suddenly the mysterious stranger messages him back. Zak's face lights up in joy.

Stranger: >.> Uhh, hi? Who is this?

Zak: uhhh...

Should I just tell him my name? No! No! Zak hovers his fingers over his keyboard. The stranger messages back.

Stranger: I think you have the wrong phone number.

Zak: actually idk. i just wanted to make a new friend ya know? hajaj

Zak frowns, watching as the stranger types.

Stranger: o.O Oh. Well, uh, hello!

Zak: hi

The corner of Zak's lips tilt up slightly before going back to a straight line.

Stranger: So, did you just randomly text someone in hopes of making a new friend?

Zak: yeah. pretty much

Stranger: Oh, well, in that case. Just call me Bad. :) How are you?

I need a name. Uh... oh, just use my Minecraft name. Stupid. Zak rolls his eyes and mentally slaps himself. He suddenly hears a loud glass shatter from downstairs. He doesn't respond to Bad and removes an earbud, then carefully listens in onto the commotion.

"WHY ARE YOU FUCKING DEFENDING HIM!? HE'S SUCH A WEAKLING! STUPID FUCKER DIDN'T EVEN GO TO COLLEGE! HE LITERALLY JUST ST-"

Zak puts his earbuds back in. He frowns and feels a water droplet fall down his cheek. He opens up his messages again.

Bad: Hello?

Zak: skeppy. call me skeppy and im doing eh

Bad: Oh :( Why is that? I hope you have better day soon >.>

Zak: idk just stuff happening at home yk?

Bad: No, I don't know. I'm sorry.

Zak: nonono dont apologize lol uhhhh how r u?

Bad:  I'm doing good! My dogs make me really happy!

Zak smiles sadly. He wished he had a pet. Maybe he could get a dog. A nice labradoodle and have a cute name for it. Oh how he wishes he had a nice friend next to him.

Zak: im glad ur dogs make u happy. they must be really fun

Stranger: They are! They are also really adorable! But sometimes they like to take my food without my permission >:0

Zak lets out a small giggle.

Zak: lol

Stranger: Wait, this is probably a stupid question, but do you play Minecraft by any chance?

Minecraft. Zak smiles and he jumps out of bed. He runs over to his PC, ignoring his parents screams and boots up the machine.

Zak: maybe ;) wanna play hypixel?

Bad: Yes! Add me, BadBoyHalo.

A new friendship blossoms and Zak doesn't seem so alone anymore.

WC: 734