𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"𝙳𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚎?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas and Brenda's bodies slammed to the floor. Brenda turned on her torch and looked over at Thomas "Are you okay?"

Thomas nodded "Oh, yeah, great" They looked around and saw that the exit was closed off with rubble. "No, no. How are we gonna get back to the others?" Thomas questioned.

Brenda rolled her eyes at the worried boy "Relax. I'm gonna get us out of here." She handed him a flashlight.

"Why are you helping us?" Thomas asked.

She sighed "Trust me, it's not my idea. Jorge seems to think you guys are our ticket to the safe haven"

Thomas looked confused "The what?"

"You know paradise. Safe from the sun, free of infection. Supposedly, the right arm's been taking kids there for years immunes anyway" Brenda informed him. They started to walk down the tunnels.

"Did those other people die?" He asked.

Brenda shook her head "Nah they made it out"

Thomas looked a bit skeptical "How did they I thought this was the only exit"

Brenda smiled "They have their ways"

"That girl who is she?" Thomas asked.

"You recognize her?"

He nodded "Memories are starting to come back and she's in them a lot"

"Well that was Destariya and she seemed to recognize you too," Brenda told him.

They carried on walking and Thomas spoke up again "So you don't think the right arm is real?"

"I think hope is a dangerous thing hope has killed more of my friends than the flare and the scorch combined I just thought Jorge was smarter than that especially when they left the Elites to die"

Thomas looked shocked "They left them to die"

She nodded "Used them for protection and when they needed help they just stood there and got the information they needed"

"So the Elites are some sort of group?" Thomas asked.

She laughed "You can't remember them?" He shook his head. "Ah well yeah, they are a group. More like an army if you ask me just 4 incredibly... strong people"

"How are they so strong?"

She shrugged "You ask a lot of questions don't you?" She paused for a second "No one knows what happened to them. People didn't even know what they looked like they and they don't like to talk about it"

"Must have been messed up"

"Must have been" Brenda agreed. They carried on walking until they got to a tunnel with two exits "Damn."