Like Father, Unlike Daughter-Part 1

A/N:  Hello my readers!  Here with another chapter!  Yeah, this chapter got a bit more dark than the others that I have written so far.  But I hope you like it anyways.  This story arc will be in 2 or 3 parts, depending on how long the next section is.  But after, I will probably do more silliness like the Prank War or some hurt/comfort fluff. Idk though, we'll see.  Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter!  Feedback is welcome! 

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF ABUSE AHEAD I put this mark (🖤🖤🖤)where it starts and when it stops if you would prefer to skip over it. 

Editing complete

Abby, Crosshair, Tech, Wrecker, and Hunter marched through the corridors of the capital of Kamino, Topica City.  Each of their helmets were tucked underneath their arms and their armor tapped against the titled floors in rhythm of their mixed footfalls. The long white hallways of the city were a sanctuary from the never ending storms of Kamino's atmosphere.  Nonetheless, heavy rain and thunder could faintly be heard from the outdoors.

The Bad Batch had arrived on Kamino earlier that morning to receive their next mission for the Republic. Currently, they were on their way through the cloning facility to meet with the Prime Minister, Lama Su.  They had just completed a stealth mission, which was simple enough, although they had hit a rough bump once or twice.  No serious injuries were obtained, and to Hunter's satisfaction, Abby had done well, just as usual.  He found that she kept a cool head in difficult situations and was ruthless when it came to fighting.  She could be timid when it came to pulling any exceeding bold moves, preferring to let the others take the lead while she provided cover.  A habit he was pretty sure would fade away as she got more comfortable out in the battlefronts.  Either way the Sergeant knew that she could keep up and he (along with everyone else) wished for some more challenging missions.  Since Abby had only been a part of the Clone Force 99 team for a little over a month, she hadn't gotten the chance to see very much intense action.  She too was hoping to change that.

As Hunter, Tech, Crosshair, Wrecker, and Abby walked through the corridors, the Sergeant noticed young clone cadets pointing and whispering as they passed.  He saw out of the corner of his eye that Crosshair stiffened minutely, since these kinds of reactions were usually malicious, but these particular cadets only seemed curious. Fascinated even.

"Do you guys usually get all this attention?" Abby asked Hunter, sounding amused. 

He chuckled lightly.  It wasn't out of the ordinary for the Bad Batch to be stared at, by both fellow clones and even the Kaminoans.  Since they didn't look like normal clones, confusion wasn't uncommon, and confusion can almost always result in someone trying to get a closer look, whether their intentions be simply curious or perhaps judgmental.  Unfortunately it was usually the latter, but Hunter didn't see anything caviling from the cadets' scrutiny.

"Only while we're here," he replied.  

Abby nodded in understanding and flashed a small grin to the cadets, obviously finding their child-like curiosity adorable.

"So, Abby, ya lookin' forwarded your next mission?" Wrecker asked her after a moment.

"Hopefully it isn't as boring as the last time," Crosshair remarked scoffingly.

"Boring!? I could have died!" Tech exclaimed with a glare at his brother.

"Ah, yes. That is one of my fondest memories of the trip," Abby joked before Tech punched her arm lightly.  

Hunter bit back a smile at the sight.  As much as he would deny it, he enjoyed watching the banter between them.  Most people during the time of war, whether civilian or trooper, were too focused and stoic to think about much else, so in a way, the jokes were a reassurance to him that his teammates were still themselves despite the tolling war efforts.  They brought a smile to his face and theirs, and that alone made the quips and jesting worth it.