The Aftermath

A/N:  Well....this is it!  The very last chapter of this crazy story, posted on the same day as the first, one year later (July 14)  I I am actually listening to 'A Million Dreams' as I post this, which is pretty fitting XD I just want to give a quick thanks to you all for committing so much time to my story, it truly means the world to me.  Later tonight, I will be posting a full length author's note, in which I will discuss future content, a bit more about this story, and give my final thanks to you all, and it would mean a lot if you would read it.  So, without any further ado, please enjoy the final installment of "Harmless" Adventures with the Bad Batch!

Within minutes, the Havoc Marauder had escaped Kamino's atmosphere. Abby practically collapsed onto a seat in the cabin, completely and utterly exhausted. It was as if her thoughts had halted completely, leaving her brain stuck cycling on a single thought.

'He's gone. He's gone.'

No one else acknowledged the fact, not out loud at least. Instead they each silently brewed over the realization while the ship cruised through the space outside Kamino. The silence that filled the air was tense and alien, something that none of the Bad Batchers were used to. The usual boisterous, enticing atmosphere had disappeared completely and no one knew what to make of that.

Once they were sure that they weren't being tailed, Echo settled down to treat Wrecker's shoulder. The demolition expert groaned in pain as Hunter and Abby helped him remove his chest-plate and other armor that protected his upper body. Meanwhile Echo prepped a stim injection for the wound and Tech was setting the ship to autopilot. Omega stayed by Wrecker's side, if only in hope that her presence would provide some amount of comfort. Echo then stepped forward with the stim, injecting it through Wrecker's blacks and into his skin.

"Ouch!" Wrecker cried. "Hey, hey, hey, hey! What's that going to do?" he demanded as Echo found another hypo from the med-kit.

"You'll be okay. Just hold still," Echo replied simply.

Seeing what Echo had in his hand, Omega held out something for Wrecker to diverge his attention from the next injection.

"Is this what you were looking for?" she asked him with a cheeky smile, holding out his plush Tooka doll. He gasped excitedly at the sight.

"You found my Lula!" he exclaimed happily, taking it from her hands.

Thankfully her distraction worked and Wrecker didn't notice Echo had the hypo in his hand until it pricked his neck.

"Ow!"

Omega giggled at the reaction, covering her mouth with her hand in an attempt to muffle the impudent sound. While Wrecker was scowling at Echo, Tech joined the others in the cabin with his datapad in hand, already having set the ship to autopilot.

"Let's see here. Hold still," Tech instructed as he sat in front of Wrecker.

"Don't examine me! I'm not a computer!" the demolition expert grumbled as Tech tried to perform a medscan.

"This will take just a second," the engineer reasoned.

"Get that thing away from me!"

As the two argued, Omega seemed to have gotten distracted with the view from the Havoc Marauder's front view port. She wandered into the cockpit, intrigued by both the stars and the flashing buttons of the center console. Hunter followed closely behind her, leaving the others in the cabin.

"That hurts!" Wrecker complained as Tech sprayed the wound with an antiseptic.

"It needs to be applied so your flesh can heal," Tech explained. "It's fortunate this didn't hit your rotator cuff muscles. You would've had a lot longer recovery time and been in a lot more pain."