Chapter 22

Katsuki's Point of View- Monday

Ferries are fucking obnoxious. Who the hell wants to be stuck on a goddamn boat that's overcrowded with a bunch of nobodies for four hours? And if that isn't bad enough, a few of the extras from class decided to tag along, citing they wanted to help with Deku's bucket list. No one asked them for their goddamn help, and I've told them all to get lost, even threatened bodily harm, but none of those shitheads would listen. The nerd only made it worse, telling them they were welcome to come if they wanted. Then those bastards had the audacity to suggest we all pitch in toward a condo for the two and a half days we'll be on the island. Evidently my plan on having Deku to myself this week can just go straight to hell.

Still, it's hard to stay mad when Deku's seated next to me with his face and hands pressed to the window, longingly staring out at the ocean like a kid in a candy shop. He's fucking adorable, even with his never-ending stream of mutterings about how he forgot sunblock, what kind of fish he might find in the ocean and listing off all the hero sightings that have happened on the island in the past ten years. Watching him enjoy himself, even while doing something as simple as traveling, makes my stomach flutter in a strange and not entirely terrible way.

It's a bright, cloudless kind of day and the intensity of the incoming rays of sun filtering in from that window exaggerates all his nerd features in the best ways. His bouncy green curls and emerald eyes shine with warmth, those cute ass freckles are more pronounced against his glowing complexion, and those plush, pink lips accentuating his face are just begging for attention.

"C'mere nerd" I murmur softly while gently tugging his chin toward me.

"Hmm?"

Those vivid, green eyes turn their focus to me curiously as I pull him closer, melding my lips against his. I trace my fingertips along his jaw while he sighs happily, his scarred hand squeezing lightly around my thigh. We've done this dance a hell of a lot over the past two weeks with varying degrees of intensity. Sometimes I could swear my whole fucking body is on fire with need and we kiss with that hungry desperation that's only doused by a cold shower, and other times it's a lot like this- slow, languid, kind of like a check-in.

"Gah! You two are so freaking cute! I wish I could shrink the both of you and stuff you in my pocket!" Pinkie's outburst is startling, Deku physically flinching and pulling away, face beet red. The Pink asshole is swooning in her seat opposite of us while Tape Dispenser's snoring loudly next to her. Then there's fucking Shitty Hair, grinning ear to ear while mouthing some shit I can't make out because I'm not a goddamn lip reader.

"Fuck off Pinkie" I warn, trying hard to control my quirk so I don't alarm the faceless crowd and get us kicked off before we even get there. She sticks her tongue out at me in response like the fucking nuisance that she is.

Despite his earlier embarrassment, Deku's already gone off on a tangent about the prospect of shrinking. I don't think I could roll my eyes any hard if I tried. "A shrinking quirk that could work on others would be very interesting to see in real life. It could be perfect for anything from espionage, to surprise attacks, to live captures-"

"Or you could open up your own moving company and use it to shrink furniture!" Pink Cheeks adds with her index finger pointed up in a matter of fact kind of way.

Deku, the excitable fucker that he is, is bouncing from the implications of that. "That's true, it could be useful outside of the hero world too. Going with that thought, did you ever see that movie, Downsizing? Assuming the user could shrink lots of people at once it could be used as a way to preserve resources by shrinking everybody! Although, I doubt everyone would consent to that and then it kind of sounds like something a villain would do..." His lips curve down into a frown then and is followed by more muttering that's too quiet to hear.