Chapter 2

A/N: I would appreciate any feedback you might have, whether it be that you love it or there's something you think I should fix. I'm all ears.

I also want to give you all a little warning that while it will take a few chapters to really get going, this is not exactly a happy, fluff fic. I'll sprinkle in some good, wholesomeness here and there but ultimately these beautiful characters are going to go through some shit and will definitely not be the same on the other side.

-Cheers!

XXX

Izuku's Point of View- Friday

It's beautiful outside with the clear blue skies, the fiery orange sun, the lush green treetops and rolling grassy hills. Not to mention the plethora of spring flowers popping up in bright yellows, pinks, violets, and reds offering spurts of color to their otherwise green backdrop. A few cottony white clouds drifted precariously through the sky like little ships sailing through the deep blue sea, and I can't help but wish I was on one right about now. It's a terrible day to be cooped up inside. I yearn to run barefoot through the school grounds, to feel the blades of grass cool beneath my heels and tickling my toes, the soft breeze in my hair, and the warmth of the sun licking at my skin. At this rate, I'm not sure I even have the energy to get up from my desk and walk to The Lunch Rush once class is over.

"Just because you're heroes, doesn't mean you will always need to use force to take down a villain. For the sake of the surrounding pedestrians and building structures, I would advise against taking any kind of impulsive action until you know exactly what you're dealing with."

Mr. Aizawa's voice drones on in the background, meanwhile I'm transfixed with life on the other side of that thin pane of glass. I know I should probably be taking notes, but I just don't have it in me to pay attention today. I feel so unfocused, so exhausted. I guess I'll just ask Iida if I can see his notes after class. I really need to get a better hold of this mental exhaustion thing. Maybe I'll see if there's something they could give me over the weekend to help with that.

"Assessing the situation instead of charging in blindly will give you the crucial opportunity to determine if you need to engage in a physical altercation or simply deescalate the villain and avoid a fight altogether."

I peek at the blank, lined paper in front of me and decide I better start jotting down notes before someone notices I'm not paying attention. I quickly scribble "Assess to determine if I should fight or deescalate the villain." We'll probably follow up with practical experience next week and I won't be prepared if I don't push myself to do better. To do well in UA I know I have to stay competitive and push myself every day, even on one of my off days where I barely make it out of bed in the morning.

The lectures Mr. Aizawa gives are always so informative and offer invaluable insight. I feel so lucky to be going to such an amazing school. I can't help but look around the class, at all the people I've come to know over the past year and a half. I've met so many amazing future heroes and made so many friends. Even Kacchan and I are sort of getting along better, it's been that way since he found out about OFA. We have a secret rendezvous with All Might where we train and discuss how I can enhance my usage of the tremendous power he passed down to me not too long ago.

It was a life changing day, one I'll never forget. I still remember the tears and snot trailing down my face while I ugly cried because I just couldn't believe it was happening to me, quirkless, unextraordinary Izuku Midoriya. Of course, it wasn't as simple as saying "yes" to being gifted such an amazing quirk. With the physical strain it caused my body aside, there was also the guilt I felt knowing I'd never live up to the standard OFA set for me. I knew this, but I accepted his offer anyway because how could I not? He was literally offering me the one thing I've wanted for myself, a powerful quirk and the chance to become a real hero. Maybe if I would have known just how quickly things were going to progress for me, I wouldn't have accepted it, but I didn't know.