Chapter 3

A/N: Here's another chapter for you guys. Let me know what you think!

XXX

Katsuki's Point of View- Saturday

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!

As usual, I'm already awake and pulling my gym clothes on when my morning alarm sounds loudly throughout my softly lit room. I finish tugging my black tank top over my head before grabbing my phone to silence the alarm. In addition to my tank top, I'm wearing my favorite pair of orange and black athletic shorts and comfortable black running shoes with Ground Zero printed in orange along the sides that Deku had custom-made for me last Christmas.

It was the coolest fucking gift anyone had given to me in a long time, and I had to immediately school my expression the moment I laid eyes on them. Meanwhile, the nerd watched me open them with the biggest, shit eating grin plastered on his face because he knew I would love them. That was the first time either of us exchanged gifts since shortly after my quirk manifested. I know it was shitty of me but after I got my quirk and Izuku didn't, I was so enthralled with myself and my badass quirk that I stopped viewing Deku as a friend and started viewing him as a quirkless waste of space. We've come a long way since then, not that we're friends or anything though since he still annoys the ever loving shit out of me. Anyway, my point is that we weren't exactly exchanging gifts over the last few years.

The common area is uniquely quiet as I walk to the kitchen, easily making it my favorite time of day. I can't fucking stand all the noise and commotion all the extras cause when they're up, especially during the weekend because none of them have anything better to do than loiter and take up space. I take a minute to consider what I want to eat before settling on a simple omelet with some fresh fruit. I grab everything I need to make two and start cracking eggs to be whisked in my metal bowl.

As I pour the pale, yellow egg mixture into my sizzling pan, I hear Shitty Hair shuffle into the kitchen with the loudest fucking yawn ever. "Mornin Bakubro." He sniffs at the air, eyes dart to my pan before bouncing back to me. "You uh, making some for me too?"

"Grab the pineapple and kiwis and start slicing them up. I'm not doing all the fucking work myself." I carefully fold the fluffy eggs over as I instruct him, making sure they don't overcook.

"Aye aye Captain!" He shouts and next thing I know he's slicing through the green and yellow fruits while humming some ridiculous tune. So much for peace and quiet. I can't really complain too much though, he's the most tolerable of all the extras.

By the time everything is prepared and plated, and the coffee is poured and steaming from our mugs, Shitty Hair is practically drooling over his plate as he stares at everything with enthusiasm. "Thanks for the meal, bro! At this rate, I'm going to owe you like a year's worth of meals to make up for all the times you've cooked for me."

"Just shut up and eat your damn food so we can go for our jog." I stuff a bite of piping hot eggs in my mouth, and for some reason it has me thinking back to Deku in class and at lunch yesterday. Something was up with him; his color was off, and he was missing his usual obnoxiously cheerful attitude. Not to mention he completely spaced out in the middle of class and I'm fairly certain I overheard him muttering something about feeling the grass between his toes. He's always spouting weird shit but that was random as fuck, even for him.

I'm still thinking about it as I clean my plate and set off with Shitty Hair along our usual jogging route. The whole thing is pissing me off at this point. I'm not sure which is worse, the fact that I noticed something was off or the fact that now I can't stop thinking about it. There's definitely something going on with the damn nerd and it drives me batshit crazy that instead of focusing on exercising, I'm focusing on what's wrong with him.