Chapter Six

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

Samual opened the car door and peered over the ledge, not just checking his parking but the distance from the ground to the underbelly of the car.
"Watch you step." Sam hummed, and heard Melissas obnoxious voice Yelp short after. Samual looked over his shoulder, and stopped misstep and in turn he fumbled for purchase.

"Sam!" He could hear Joann alarmed voice, and tried to grasp at the ends of his shirt. Samual was quick to pick himself up after landing on his elbow with a hiss.
It's bad enough it was his catching arm.

It nearly broken it after busting a guys nose in a few months back, and it did not deserve a second punishment.
"Damn it Sammy!" Joann cake running around the car after checking up on Melissa, and shut the car door behind her.

"Yea.. I'm gonna go check this out before i do anything else for today." Samual drifted off to the horrors his friend Jackson suffered from. Samual blames himself for ruining Jacksons shoulder, and remains to live with the guilt. He was his catcher at the time, he should've noticed! He scorned the already tender ache across his chest, and took Joanns offered hand once his shock pulled him out of his subconscious.

"Come on," Joann encouraged her older brother, guiding the blonde at her side. Taking notice of the few heads turned, and unusual staring. Joann quickly ignored the giggling, staring up at her brothers look of disdain. She'd squeeze his shoulder and wasn't surprised he leant against her, and not away from her.

"Their staring," Joann lent forward as she tried to catch Samuals eyes, and with no luck Samual dismisses her with a shrug.

"It's none of their business, look after Melissa, I'm heading to the infirmary." Samual fixed the strap over his shoulder, giving his sister a easy wave, and jogged into the school building without bumping into anyone else.

"Your brother," Joann turned around, and looked up, assuming he must've rivaled Samual in height. The guy was tall, and so was the other dude making his way behind the Confident stranger. His brown eyes were light in the sun, and coaxed Joann into a conversation.
"Yea, he's Samual, and I'm Joann." Joe offered a hand the strangers way, and they took it gratefully. Showing off their purely whites, alarmingly more appealing against his dark skin.

"Nice too meet you, I'm Lloyd." He tilted his head, and gestured behind him with a shove his elbow. The guy behind him winced, and turned in Lloyd's direction in disdain. "Owe! You know Jesses gonna complain where the bruise came from." The guy mumbled off, and rubbed his side. His gaze flickered up when he noticed the new face, looking at him.
"Whose this?"

"This is Joanna, you dunt." Lloyd made sure Joanna didn't have to repeat herself, and pulled his friend into his side.
"Oh, I'm Ray." His friend waved his fingers instead of sloshing his hand side to side. His attention wasn't attained for very long, and even wondered off once a girl named Kerri waltzed by.

"Sorry about him, he's not.. very bright, except when we're playing ball." Lloyd shook his head, and crossed his arms over his chest. Joann must've guessed they meant a sport. Joann didn't take it Lloyd was gay, and at all interested in Ray.
"He's a good player on the field, quite exceptional to a few scouts lining themselves by the bleachers."

Joann perked up, assuming Lloyd and Ray will be working with her brother soon. That's great news! She thought, and even giggled at the thought. "What?" Lloyd looked down at Joann, and she dismissed his accusations. "My brother, Sammy is a baseball player." Joann steadied her weight on her right, and noticed the lack of students outside.

"I noticed he fell.. so, I wanted to see if he was good." Lloyd's eyes drifted off, presumedly with his thoughts Joann assumed, and went on to reassure Lloyd.

"Oh he's fine, he's just a little sensitive with his arm.." Joann pondered on how her brother was doing, especially with the mental stress from the fight awhile back.

"Oh, so he's a pitcher?" Joann laughed, "oh gods heaven no! He's a catcher! It's ridiculous if you think about it.."

"I really can't.." Lloyd mumbled, and continued to listen to Joanns rambling. Joann herself didn't notice. "I mean he can barely stand hearing someone lecture him on things he already knows, but I guess that's changed now.. he's gotten real patient with us, and mom.." Joann sighed, rubbing her fingers through her blonde hair, and continued staring at her own feet. She completely forgot about Lloyd.

"DI'd something happen?" Lloyd cocked a brow, and was genuinely curious until Joanns off putting personality shut down any theories.
"No, he just grew up." Joann shrugged, and waved goodbye with a quick nice to meeting you, and bolted inside the school doors before the bell rung.

Lloyd himself was left speechless, and there he stood, late for class.
"Damn."

__

So how was it? :]
I actually am starting to like this, although I could do a few things differently.

Ray Wells

Kerri Reilly

Kerri Reilly