Chapter 2

As I walked away I notice the world have soft edges, and put my hands to my face

As I walked away I notice the world have soft edges, and put my hands to my face. My glasses were gone. It was that Valentino's fault for distracting me. I was walking in the hall, bumping into everyone and cussing up a storm. "If one more person bumps into me I'm going to go off! The see me walking!"

I hate walking around like a blind bat. I need to learn echolocation if this shit is going to keep happening to me. This is the worst day. My friends are acting like bitches at the moment, and now someone is going to step on my babies. My glasses are my babies and I cannot live without them. I felt like crying, but I felt something being set on my face and suddenly I could see. I hugged the person hard and smiled.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" The person I was hugging smelled really well and I got in closer and took a whiff of the person. I heard a familiar throat clear and stood back. It was Valentino. He was looking at me with disdain and I quickly backed away and apologized. "I'm sorry, it's just impossible to see without my babies. I didn't mean to attack your body." I immediately put my head down and blushed. My face was too dark for Valentino to notice, although. Babies? Attack your body? Smooth, real smooth. When I looked up he was smiling, revealing pearly white teeth. My face heated even more and I snapped my head back down. Fingers lifted my chin up and all I saw where two beautiful blue eyes.

"Thank you, Bella. I like your eyes too. And you can attack my body any time." I realized I said his eyes were beautiful aloud and he had heard it. Thank God he didn't tease me for it.

"Now can I get a name? You're already late for your first class." I looked at him and wondered why he wanted to know. I was pretty, but he was way out of my league. Guys like him didn't like plus sized black girls like me.

"Jay, my name is Jay, Valentino. I have to go now. Thanks for the glasses you made me lose." I walked away from him and to my first class of the day. "I'm late because of some blue-eyed honey-I mean asshole!"

 "I'm late because of some blue-eyed honey-I mean asshole!"