• 61 •

the two pulled away from the kiss , staring at each other as a knot of nervousness formed in their throats

the two pulled away from the kiss , staring at each other as a knot of nervousness formed in their throats .

"i- but angel , i can't be with you." he continued , the tugging urge in his heart to just follow his feelings and be with her .

yet he didn't want to be selfish , he wanted the best for her and he wasn't the best for her , at least that's what he thought .

"don't be silly sung , i don't care what i'm risking . just don't leave me and push me away." she spoke , glancing into his eyes .

he was mentally fighting against himself , he wanted to keep her all to himself yet he didn't want her hurt .

the sight of her droopy eyes and pouty lips weren't helping one bit , it just makes him want to pull her into an embrace and keep her in the hug for as long as existence .

"baby , please , don't make it hard for me . you know how powerful your pout is ." jisung chuckled sadly , his eyes travelled to hers .

"i don't want you to leave me." she whined , pressing her body against his .

he lifted her legs up , she wrapped her legs around his waist . hanging onto him .

"i'm never letting you go !" hae eun spoke , embracing him even tighter .

; +

the doctors confirmed that hae eun was stable to head home but had to be under extreme care .

she laid in jisung's bed , he walked around the room - pacing up and down . thinking about his decisions .

she observed his movements , how he was visibly troubled .

"come on baby , i want a hug ." she spread her arms , in attempts to distract him from his thoughts .

he stopped , turning around to face her . he sighed , giving in . he walked towards her , giving her a short hug .

a smiler tugged on her lips , "sung , stop being so troubled ." she chuckled .

"no eun , you don't understand." jisung sighed , thinking of the possibilities that could possibly happen .

worried of the well being of hae eun , knowing if the gangs knew about her existence and her position and importance to him would threaten her life .

he knew that she'd be in danger . he wasn't able to stay by her side twenty four hours even though he wished he could .

he wanted to protect her .

"what do you mean i don't understand , sung ?!" she barked back , gripping onto the bedsheet .

"angel , calm down please ." he spoke as gently as he possibly could though it might not be the softest tone .

"just- i want to protect you." he sighed , scanning around the room , "but i don't know if i'm capable of doing that."