After a ten minute conversation that consisted of Riley squealing and talking about plans for their future kids and how excited she was for their children to be growing up together. Riley had found out she was pregnant and was now six months along.

Maya got off the phone and continued to cook as she waited for Josh to come home. She had continued to smile, nothing could take the smile off her face. She was really pregnant. She was going to be able to have a child. Not that she couldn't have children, but Maya always expected bad things to happen to her. As she felt that she sometimes wasn't deserving of a lot of the things that she had. Josh being the number one thing on that list.

"Maya?" Josh called out as he came through the door, closing it behind him and walking into the kitchen with a skeptical look on his face. He looked at the food on the table and then back at his wife who was smiling at him as she finished setting the table. "What are you doing?" He asked her.

"I cooked." Maya told him. Josh nodded his head with a teasing smile on his face.

"I see that. And you didnt burn the house down, I'm impressed." Maya stuck her tongue out at him as he walked across the kitchen and wrapped an arm around her waist to bring her into him and kiss her hello. "So really, what is this?" He asked her.

"Well, I just felt like cooking tonight." She told him simply, hiding the smile that was coming up on her face as she thought about the news of the baby. Josh smile, however, faltered a little.

"Did I do something?" He asked her. Maya looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked him. Josh looked over at the food on the table and then back at her.

"Well, even if I did do something. Dont you think poisoning me is a little much?" He asked her. Maya's mouth dropped as she stared at him in disbelief that he would even suggest a thing.

"Josh, I'm serious!" She exclaimed.

"So am I!" He said back. Maya rolled her eyes and pushed him away from her as he laughed and went to sit down in his chair.

"Well, I do have news." Maya told him as she watched him pick up his fork and pick a little at the chicken that was sitting on the table.

"Oh?" He asked her without looking up from the chicken. "Your parents coming to visit again? Is this your way of buttering me up to see if they could stay with us for a bit? Because you know, Darling. There are other ways to get me to say yes to things like that." He smirked, but still never taking his eyes off the chicken. Maya slightly smiled before she let it out.

"I'm pregnant."

Silence. Josh stopped picking at the chicken and his whole body froze. He still stared at the chicken with a blank expression on his face. It was as if he was letting the information process in his head. Then suddenly he snapped his head up at her, and the biggest grin she had ever seen appeared on his face.

"Really?" He asked her. Maya nodded her head as she smiled at him. "You're not joking? You're sure?" He asked her again as he slightly raised himself out of his chair.

"I went to the Dr. yesterday, just got the phone call earlier." She told him. Josh jumped out of his chair and Maya found herself being swung around the room as she squealed and held on tight to Josh before he set her back down on the ground.

"You're really pregnant!" He exclaimed and she nodded. And Josh's lips were on hers. And they were kissing like they hadn't in a long time. Showing each other just how much they loved one another through that one kiss.

"Why didnt you tell me you thought you were?" Josh asked her as he pulled away and looked at her.

"I just wanted to make sure I was before I told you. I didnt want to get your hopes up in case I wasn't." She admitted. Josh's smile faltered, but only slightly as he stared at her.

"Y-you thought I would be mad at you?" He asked her. Maya never said that, but she didnt have to. She supposed that was another reason that she was scared to tell him if she weren't. "Maya, I could never be mad at you for something like that. We weren't even really trying for a baby. Yeah, I would have been disappointed, but we would have dealt with it together."

"I know. You've wanted a baby for so long. I just didnt want you to be upset if we weren't." Josh raised his hand and rested it on the side of her face and creased her cheek with his thumb.

"Maya, I dont want you to ever feel like you have to keep something form me just because I might be upset or disappointed. It wouldn't have been your fault if you weren't pregnant. You should never have to deal with something like that on your own. That's one of the side effects of being married to me, everything you deal with, I deal with it, too." He told her.

"Riley said something like that." Maya chuckled.

"You should listen to her more often." He told her. Maya smiled at him before leaning in and kissing him again. They stood in the kitchen for a moment, just embracing each other and sharing kisses.

"Let's eat." She told him before she pulled away. The skeptical look was back on Josh's face as he looked back at the chicken that was on the table before he sat across Maya and they began to load their plates with chicken.

They lifted their forks, Josh more hesitant, and took a bite at the same time. They both chewed in silence for a moment, before a slight grin came up on Josh's face as he started chewing more slowly, the chicken still in his mouth. He looked up at Maya, who was scowling at him.

"Where's the number for pizza again?" He asked, his tone heavy with amusement. Maya slammed her fork down and leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms.

"On the fridge." She replied. Hiding his laughter, and failing, Josh got up and walked over to the fridge to grab the number.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!!