Jealous much?

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You're scowling."

"I am not."

"Yes you are. If it bothers you that much go say something."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Humor me."

Josh glared at his best friend who was sitting on the other side of the table across from him. They were sitting in Topanga's cafe having lunch when something on the other side caught Josh's attention.

Maya was here. But she wasn't with Riley or Farkle, or even Lucas and Zay. She was with someone else. Someone that he didn't recognize.

"It looks like they're just studying." Andrew told him.

"I know that." Josh shrugged. He glanced at them again to see them hunched over their text books. A guy that was from her school most likely and they were sitting beside each other in their booth. "I just wonder why she isn't studying with her regular group of friends."

"She probably has other friends than your niece, Josh." Andrew told him. "Why don't you just go and say hi."

"Why would I do that?" Josh asked him. "They're obviously just hanging out." Andrew rolled his eyes. Josh continued to glance at them as he kept his gaze on his lunch in front of him. Andrew staring at him with an amused expression.

Maya's laugh caught his ears as Josh looked back over and subconsciously locked his jaw into place as his fists clenched.

"Josh-"

"We're not together." Josh cut him off. "She can see whoever she wants, it's part of our deal." He told him.

"You told her she could see anyone she wanted to?" Andrew asked him with his eyebrow raised. Josh sighed.

"I told her that she could live her life and I would live mine and someday when the timing is right, we could give this a shot." Josh clarified.

"Except you don't even know if she's with him but yet you're still jealous." Andrew stated.

"I'm not jealous." Josh told him. Andrew scoffed.

"Yeah, and I'm not handsomely gorgeous." Andrew retorted. Josh gave him a small grin. "If it bothers you this much than why don't you make a move on her. Isn't she already over eighteen?" Andrew said.

"Yeah but, college is just right around the corner for her. What kind of person would I be if I were to ask her out and then it sways her decision of what college she goes to. If she wants to go out of state than she should have the option and be able to make that choice without feeling obligated to stay." Josh explained.

"I've got news for you, my dude. You're going to away her decision to stay in New York regardless if you guys are together or not. That someday deal is going to be in the back of her head when she's making that decision, and who's to say that she does stay for you? She's got friends that are staying in New York, her family is here in New York. You are not the only reason she has to stay here." Andrew said as he leaned back in his booth.

"Well then let them be what makes her stay. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I felt like I was holding her back from doing something amazing." Josh continued.

"Who says she can't do something amazing here in New York?" Andrew asked. "You know, that's your problem. You're always putting everyone else first. It's great to be selfless, but there are some times in life where it's okay to be selfish. And right now I think is one of those times." Andrew told him.