The letter

Hope Y'all enjoy this!!_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Matthew family dinners were always so special to Maya. Since she could remember she had always been invited and welcomed to them. Every Saturday night she would go and spend with her honorary family who had been there and done so much for her. She wouldn't trade them for anything.

Tonight was different however, tonight Amy and Allen were going to be there, and tonight was the first time she would be attending a Matthews family dinner as Joshua Matthews girlfriend.

Yep, you heard right. Josh had asked Maya out earlier that week. They went to dinner and a movie, and before the night was over Josh had asked Maya to be his girlfriend. That was all of four days ago, it didnt take long for word to get around that Josh and Maya were finally together. That being said, Amy and Allen wanted to make sure that they were at dinner to congratulate the new couple.

"Maya, its just my grandparents. They love you, and they love you with Josh." Riley told her as Maya was bouncing her leg up and down in nervousness.

"I know that. I just want them to know how much I care about Josh." Maya said.

"Maya, they know. They wouldn't be driving two hours to be here for just a dinner if they didnt. They've never done that for any of Josh's girlfriends. You must be special." Riley said sarcastically causing Maya to roll her eyes.

"Shut up." She said. There was a knock on Riley's door and Josh opened it a second after Riley told him that it was safe to come in.

"Hey Riley." Josh greeted before his eyes lit up at the sight of his girlfriend. "Gorgeous." He said as he reached his girlfriend and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Josh will you please tell your girlfriend to stop freaking out over this dinner." Riley said. Maya gave Riley a glare as Josh looked down at her.

"Maya. it's just my parents, they love you!" He told her. Maya sighed.

"I know this, I just, in dont know they've never met Maya the girlfriend." Maya told him. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Yes, because I've told them how much of an ogre she can be." Josh joked causing Maya to playfully shove his shoulder with her hand. Josh just wrapped both of his arms around her and pulled her into a hug.

"Everything will be fine." Josh told her as he leant down and kissed her on the head. "Although, my parents are still a good half hour away, Shawn and your mom are here. Your mom said she has something really important for you, and that she needs to talk to you alone." Josh told her. Maya raised an eyebrow and looked up at him. "Dont ask me, I'm just the messenger." He told her. Josh leaned down to give her a quick kiss before he let her go and walked out of the room. A few seconds later Katy came into the room with a frown on her face.

"Everything okay?" Maya asked. Katy looked over at Riley.

"Do you mind giving us a moment?" Katy asked her. Riley got off the bed and stood beside Maya.

"No offence, but if this is going to effect Maya then I need to be here." Riley told Katy. Katy gave a slight smile before nodding her head and reaching into her back pocket to grab an envelope.

"Whats that?" Maya asked. Katy sighed before she handed it over.

"It's from your father. He sent it to you in the mail. I wanted to make sure you got it." Katy told her. Maya looked at the letter before shaking her head.

"He hasn't contacted me in years. What could he possibly have to tell me?" Maya asked her mother. Katy sighed and laid a hand on Maya's shoulder.

"Whatever you want to do, its your call." Katy told her. Maya nodded her head before her mother left the room.