Nicknames

Hey everyone! I hope you guys enjoy this next chapter! Thanks for reading and commenting!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Here you go my little sunshine."

"It's your turn my Texan cowboy."

"After my colorful rainbow."

"You're too sweet my honey boo."

"Someone hand me a barf bag." Maya spoke up from across the couple. A second later she was handed a brown paper bag from Zay, who also was looking at the couple in front of him with a disgusted look.

Riley and Lucas rolled their eyes as they looked at the two that was in front of them from the other side of the table.

"You're just jealous." Riley smirked at them before grabbing a napkin and dabbing the side of Lucas's face with it.

"Oh yeah, because who wouldn't want to spend their night watching their two best friends mush over each other with the most ridiculous pet names imaginable. Because who could get nausea over that?" Maya asked sarcastically.

"I'm going to the bathroom." Zay spoke up, he put a smirk on his face as he leaned over towards Maya. "I'll be back my blond Goddess." He teased her. Maya caught on to what he was doing and grabbed the napkin in front of her.

"Don't be gone too long my chocolate thunder." She said as she mocked Riley as she dabbed the napkin on his face like Riley had done with Lucas.

"I could never stay away from you, blond beauty." Zay continued.

"You better not, my dark pri-"

"Alright!" Lucas cut them off. "You've made your point." He stated as he was now looking a bit green in the face. Maya and Zay fist bumped before Zay walked off towards the bathrooms. "I'm going with him." Lucas said as he got up to go after Zay.

"You just had to ruin the moment, didn't you." Riley stated as Maya smirked at her. "Anyway, was Josh okay with you coming out tonight?" Riley asked. Maya stopped her drink and gave her friend a weird look.

"Why wouldn't he be?" Maya asked her. Riley shrugged her shoulders.

"This is just the first time that you've come out on a double date with me, Lucas and Zay since you and Josh started dating. I didn't know if he'd be okay with it now that you guys are together." Riley explained. Maya shook her head.

"No, he couldn't make it tonight. So I told him that me and Zay were going to join you guys and he said that was fine. He knows that Zay and I are good friends." Maya told her.

"So what kind of nicknames do you and Josh have for each other?" Riley asked her. Maya raised an eyebrow at her.

"What?" She asked.

"You always get on to me and Lucas for calling each other our special nicknames, what do you and Josh just don't have any?" Riley asked her. Maya shook her head.

"Of course we don't. Besides the obvious ones we've been calling each other for years." Maya stated, thinking to the ones that started their whole relationship. Riley rolled her eyes.

"Boing and gorgeous are hardly pet names." Riley told her. Maya smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"They are to us." Riley eyed her for a moment.

"He's a Matthews, I find it hard to believe he hasn't come up with one nauseating nickname for you." Riley stated. Maya smirked.

"Maybe not all Matthews are as crazy as you and your father are." Maya said. Riley was about to say something else when the boys came back and sat back down. Forcing hem to out their conversation on the back burner for now.
~

The next morning it was back to the usual routine for everyone on the NYU campus. The "date night" the four of them had consisted of dinner and a movie that Josh wasn't able to make it to. So Zay had come up to the plate and offered to go along like old times.

The gang had all met up right outside of the eatery on campus. Coming together for a game plan for the rest of the day as finals were coming up and they needed to study. Josh had texted and Maya and told her that he would meet up with her later on after his last class of the day.

"How was the movie last night?" Farkle asked as his arm was thrown casually over Smackle's shoulders.

"It was great." Lucas stated. Zay snorted.

"How would you know?" He asked. "You and Riley didn't watch half of it." Lucas glared at him as Riley blushed and looked away.

"Who didn't watch half the movie last night?" A voice spoke up as an arm wrapped around Maya's shoulders and a body cane to stand next to hers. Maya looked up and smiled as Josh leaned down and kissed her quickly before looking back up at their group.

"Your niece was playing tonsil hockey in the theater last night." Zay stated causing both Riley and Lucas to glare at him.

"Oh?" Josh replied as he looked down at Maya with a teasing smile on her face. "What about you?" He asked.

"I was a good girl yesterday." Maya replied. Josh chuckled as everyone else around them groaned.

"I'm sure you were, my little shortcake." Josh stated. Maya froze and her eyes went wide.

"W-what did you call me?" She asked him. Josh looked down at her with a slight smile on his face.

"What do you mean? Is everything okay, my little sugarplum?" He asked her. Maya looked over at the smirk on Riley's face and she glared.

"You Matthews are going to be the death of me." She groaned before gripping her bag and walking away.

"I'll see you later, sugar pie!" Josh called after her, causing him to get the middle finger as Maya raised her hand up above her head.

They all watched her as she walked out of sight and Riley grinned at her favored uncle.

"Why thank you, my dear Uncle." Riley spoke up.

"Anytime Niece." They both high-fived each other and laughed at the looks on their friends faces, deciding to deal with an annoyed blond a little later.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, hear me out. I found this in an old notebook from when I was like 14. I tweaked it a bit, and this is the result. It's cheesy. But I thought it was kind of cute.