Kiss

New York was always pretty at night time. The City lights reflecting off the streets gave it color that no other city had it seemed like. The cold crisp air always felt refreshing as it blew on your face and helped keep your hair out of your face. In the middle of the city was a bridge, a bridge that you could stand on and overlook some of the City from a view. Maya Hunter loved that view...

However, if there were ever a time where Maya would detest that bridge, it was now. And it was all that she could to keep from jumping over the railing and falling into the abyss as she continued to walk home with her unwanted company.

"Now that! That was an amazing meal!" A male voice exclaimed beside her. Maya rolled her eyes as she kept her hands in her jacket pockets and kept her eyes focused on the street in front of her as they continued walking the bridge.

"Yep." She deadpanned.

"I mean, I've had great meals, but that one! Ugh, I could eat at that restaurant every day and not grow tired of it!" The male exclaimed again with excitement in his tone.

"Good for you." Maya responded with the same deadpanned tone in her voice as she didn't even glance at him.

"Oh come on, Blondie. I cant believe you didn't eat half of your food! It's a good thing you're cute." He winked at her. Maya grew frustrated.

"You know what I cant believe?" Maya suddenly turned to face him as they both stopped walking. "I cant believe that I got talked into going on a double date with you, and my best friend ditches me knowing that you're the last person I would ever go out with on this planet!"

"You can keep denying it all you want, but the fact is, I'm irrisitiable." The boy smirked. Maya scowled.

You're probably wondering how Maya got herself into this situation. Well, Lucas and Riley broke up last month. Apparently they both decided that they were just better off as friends at this point in their lives and didn't want to complicate things with a relationship right now. It was a mutual thing, or at least that was what Riley claimed until she saw Lucas with Nicole Jones on his arm at school the other day. Then it suddenly wasn't so mutual.

So Riley decided that she was going to start dating as well, she decided that she was going to give Charlie Gardner a chance since he had been asking her out constantly ever since he had found out that Riley was officially back on the market. But, Charlie had a friend, Jack Pierce, and apparently Riley had gotten it into her head that it would be cool to do a double date.

Maya had a soft spot when it came to Riley, everyone knew that. And after a few days of begging, Maya finally agreed to do one double date with Riley under the conditions that this was only a one time thing, and that neither of them would leave the other alone.

Well, after a miserable dinner of suggestive comments and Maya elbowing Jack a few times because of where his hand would end up under the table, Riley decided that she was going to let Charlie walk her home, alone. Which meant that Maya and Jack ended up being by themselves on the subway as Maya walked home and he just seemed to... follow her...

Ugh. Maya couldn't wait to get her hands on Riley tomorrow...

"Why don't you go home." Maya told him.

"And leave a lady in the streets of New York all by herself at night time?" Jack said sarcastically.

"Believe me, the only threat walking around right now is you." Maya told him before she turned back around and continued walking.

"You're feisty, Blondie. I like it!" He exclaimed. Maya didn't answer him. "Come on, you're so boring!" He complained.

"Then why don't you go find something else to entertain you." Maya said.