Pillow fights

pHey Y'all! I have to say I have been having a lot of really cool conversations with some of you guys that have decided to message me. I really enjoy the talks that we have. Anyway, I'm going to try and manage my time a little more so that I can update more often. Usually I'm up at around 7 and doing homework until around 12. Then I usually do what I can to write and get my stories ready to update. Anyway, sorry for rambling I'll get straight to the story. Enjoy!!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maya looked over at Riley who was fast asleep on the other side of her bed. She lookedback up at the ceiling and sighed as she listened to Riley's soft snoring. Maya had been having trouble sleeping lately and she had no idea why. She didnt have anxioty or bad dreams, just a bad case of insomnia. She sighed as she pushed the covers off of her and got out of bed. Maybe the reason she couldn't sleep was because the boy that she had been dreaming about since she was 13 was in the other room. Maya shook her head at the thought and made her way out of the room and into the kitchen.

She took a deep breath as she walked over to the fridge and opened it up to get the piture of lemonade out. She closed the fridge and grabbed a glass out of the cabnet. She pored the lemonade in the glass before putting it back in the fridge. Maya leaned on the counter as she took a sip of her drink.

"Having trouble sleeping?" A voice spoke up from behind her. Maya jumped a little as she placed the glass back on the counter and then turned around to see Josh with his laptop sitting on the couch. She blushed as she looked down at the floor and cleared her throat.

"Um, yeah. I thought I would get something that might help." She said. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"Whatever happened to warm milk?" He asked as he put his computer down on the coffee table and sat back on the couch. Maya shrugged her shoulders.

"Not a fan." She stated as she picked up her glass and took another sip. Josh chuckled as he nodded his head.

"So whats up? Why arent you able to sleep?" He asked tilting his head at her.

"I could ask you the same thing." She told him causing him to nod his head.

"I asked you first." Maya shook her head at him.

"I dont know. I guess I just have a lot on my mind." She said. "Your turn." She took another sip of her drink.

"I have finals. Got to make sure I'll be able to pass and go into my senior year." He told her honestly. Maya nodded her head.

Seems like a valled excuse." She claimed. Josh gave her a charming smile.

"Better than yours." He said making her nod and laugh. "So common, I dont know isnt a good enough answer." He told her. Maya laughed and shook her head.

"Ah, you dont want to hear about my problems." She said casing him to shrug his shoulders.

"Try me, I could be a bigger help than you think." He said. Maya sighed as she took her glass and made her way over torwards the living room. She sat on the couch a good amount of distance between her and Josh. "Thank you." He told her as he took the glass from her hand and finished the rest of it off before sitting it on the table beside his computer. Maya felt her heart skip a beat, it was nothing but at the same time it was everything. "So common, tell me what's been going on." He said as he gave her his attention. Maya took a deep breath and leaned her head on the back of the couch.

"My dad wants to meet with me." She said. Josh's eyes widened as he nodded his head.

"Oh wow. Thats a big deal." He said. Maya nodded her head.