~Chapter 39~

"So you've impregnated her?" Inuyasha asked.

"Yes." Sesshomaru simply said.

"Wait, I'm curious about something." Amaya spoke up making the group look at her.

"Kagome, mind if I ask how long you've been pregnant?" She asked.

"For a few months now, I don't think mine is going by as fast as Mayu's because Inuyasha's only a half-blood." Kagome explained. Amaya stretched her head with a heavy sigh.

"Ne, you half-breeds are confusing sometimes." Inuyasha's eye twitched at this comment, but he stayed quiet.

"We'd be more than happy to care for Mayu until you're back." Sango said with a warm smile. Sesshomaru nodded a silent thank you, even that was new to his character, but Sango hardly reacted. She saw from day one something was going on after all, plus, she knew the "love changes you" aspect all to well. After all, look at who she's married to now.

"Have you told you you're leaving her behind?" Inuyasha asked.

"No it's best to leave without so, I know she'll find a way to stop me." Sesshomaru admited.

"Uh-" Kagome started as he glanced over Sesshomaru's shoulder, but Inuyasha interupted her.

"You sure that's a good idea?" He asked already catching onto what Kagome was about to say.

"She is my mate." Sesshomaru said growling softly at his brother.

"Which means you know her well, right?" Inuyasha asked in a cocky tone crossing his arms.

"Yes." Sesshomaru said sternly. Sango giggled as Kagome pointed to where she was looking making Miroku look, then he sighed and shook his head.

"From one man to another, you might want to look behind you." He said before Inuyasha could go on. Amaya looked and busted up laughing, even clapping her hands a couple of times. Sesshomaru looked and froze, there stood Mayu, and she wasn't happy.

"Sure it's still a good idea?" Inuyasha asked making Kagome gently hit his arm.

"Mayu-"

"Leaving unannounced? Could you be anymore childish?!" Mayu snapped. Did I forget to mention that lately Mayu's been... moody? To Sesshomaru's surprise, she somewhat acted like a female of his own breed. Was it the baby doing that to her?

"Because I know you'll try to stop me, Mayu." Mayu pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I have a thing called common sense you know." Inuyasha, out of the corner of his eye, saw Sesshomaru's pinkie twitch a little when she said that. He was trying to stay calm but he knew that he now realized he fucked up. Inuyasha shook his head, now his brother knew how it felt to be scolded by a mate it seemed.

"I claimed not otherwise." Sesshomaru muttered.

"You don't need to." Mayu growled making Amaya snicker, then clear her throat trying to stop. Amaya found Mayu's human little growl amusing, it was no where near threatening and yet it seemed to work on her lordly friend. Who knew?

"You need to go, I know that, but don't go sneaking around like a moron!" Mayu said before walking over and gently tracin his jaw with her pointer and middle finger.

"No. Secrets. Am I understood?" She said sternly. Sesshomaru's gaze softened, he should have known she wouldn't be upset, he was just worried she would beg him to stay being scared of her situation or try to sneak her way there with him. He gently took her hand and kissed her palm, then leand down to kiss her properly.

"Understood." He whispered making her smile.

"Here." She said making him pull back a little as she pulled out what looked like a large folded cloth from her kimono hidden under her tuft of fur. She easily unfolded it and flicked it up and around him, then she buttoned it in the front, it was a cloak.

"I noticed it seemed to be getting colder recently, I don't need you getting ill on your way there or back." She said with a gentle smile as she gently patted his chest straightening out a couple wrinkles. Sesshomaru was tempted to say he didn't get ill, to not worry, but another said to keep silent and take the gift. So, he nodded without a word.

"Be careful, ok? I want you to come home safe and sound, and not just for me, but for your people." Mayu asked. Inuyasha stared for a moment, then glanced at Kagome. He closed his eyes, then sighed heavily.

"I will." Sesshomaru reassured.

"I'll bring him back Mayu, so stop getting all sappy over nothin'." Sesshomaru's gaze snapped to his brother.

"We d-" He went to scold him, but Inuyasha cut him off.

"Yeah yeah, look, you're not the only one with people he needs to protect, remember that." Inuyasha said before looking at his group.

"Not only do I have these little shits, I got a whole village. We don't need someone wrong to happen and everything to go to shit, you're the lord of the whole west after all." He said looking back at Sesshomaru.

"I'll come too." Everyone looked over to see an all too familair alpha wolf.

"Kōga?" Sesshomaru muttered. He thought the alpha would want to remain with his people over something like this. Was his people connected to Haha Tsuki as well?

"Plus, this feline issue isn't just felines anymore." Sesshomaru's brows furrowed.

"What?" Inuyasha asked.

"The men that had been stationed out further southward has finally returned, but three were missing." He started before crossing his arms.

"They had found something that looked to be some kind of settlement that wasn't there before. They decided to take a look and what they found was... interesting, for a lack of better terms. There were the felines, sure, but there were also kitsune, foul, reptiles, the whole works."

"The hell?" Amaya muttered.

"This isn't about pettiness anymore, they want blood, they killed three of my men while the others barely made it out alive. Sesshomaru, this isn't going to be a one and done war, this is either going to last a long time or we end it before it begins." Sesshomaru thought in silence.

"That's why I'm coming with. We need all the help we can get, and if this Haha Tsuki is as great as she sounds, maybe she can spare some aid." Sesshomaru closed his eyes.

"Alright. Amaya, is the army ready?" He asked looking over at her.

"Locked 'n loaded.~" She said with a grin, her arms crossed. Sesshomaru glanced over at Mayu one last time, then looked at the exit of the main hall, a glimmer in his eye.

"Then, we leave."