~Chapter 2~

"A human girl?" Sesshomaru's mother asked nowhere near amused.

"Don't question my choices." He simply growled dominantly.

"Sesshomaru-sama?" A small, sleepy voice came from the hall nearby. When Mayu and Sesshomaru looked over they both saw a small girl with black hair, brown eyes, and fair skin wearing a light lilac and purple kimono with golden butterfly symbols adorning it. She rubbed her eye yawning before smiling and skipping over to the tall demon cheerfully.

"You're back!~" She chirped giving him a gentle hug.

"You didn't stay up all night, did you?" He asked in a very gentle yet stern tone. The girl's cheeks dusted a soft pink before glancing to the side.

"U-Uhm. N-Not all night." She muttered.

"I told you I wouldn't be back until morning." Sesshomaru pointed out in a calm tone.

"I-I know. I guess I just really miss you." She muttered sorrowfully. Sesshomaru's eyes softened before putting a gentle hand on her head.

"That means not for you to stay up and risking your health." He spoke softly.

"Hmm." She hummed with a frown. Mayu couldn't believe what she was seeing. He acts like a father to a human girl? Did she have an ability that he wanted?

"I cannot give you all of my attention like I used to, yet I need to make sure you are well cared for." Sesshomaru spoke up once more moving his hand, so the girl looked up.

"So I brought someone to watch over you." He said glancing over at Mayu. The girl looked over and smiled brightly.

"Oh, hello!~" She chirped before skipping over with a warm smile.

"My name is Rin! What's yours?" Rin chirped once more before tilting her head. Mayu's heart swelled almost painfully, she reminded her of her little brother.

"M-Mayu."

"Ohh, you have a pretty name! Hmm, your kimono is torn. I know! Sesshomaru-sama, can we get her a new one?" Rin asked looking back up at the demon lord with pleading eyes. He stared for a moment at the young girl before giving her a gentle nod.

"Thank you! Come on, we can go pick one out then I can show you our amazing hot springs!" Rin chirped before taking Mayu's hand rushing off. Sesshomaru watched them leave before letting out a gentle breath and closing his eyes.

"So, you trust a human girl you don't even know over your mother?" His mother asked in a sarcastic and slightly hurt tone. He didn't respond as he walked off to get his duties done.

"Ohh, this one would look very pretty on you!" Rin said pointing at a black kimono adorned in many pink and red flowers with a pink and tan waistband. Mayu smiled at the sweet little girl.

"Hmm, maybe I'll try it." Rin's eyes sparkled.

"Awesome, let's go to the hot springs!~" She took Mayu's hand again as she guides her around the palace. Soon, they went outside and down a dirt path where Rin let Mayu's hand go so she could hop on one foot down the path laughing.

'This is bad. Will I be able to bring myself to leave her? She looks so much like Aito.' Mayu thought of her brother making her heart swell painfully. Once they arrived at the springs, they got undressed and got in. Mayu helped Rin clean her long black hair while Rin hummed happily with a bright smile. Soon, the two couldn't help but goof off and start splashing each other cheerfully.

"Ahh! Hey!" Mayu laughed making Rin laugh.

"I haven't been able to play like this in a while." Rin pointed out making Mayu tilt her head curiously.