~Chapter 17~

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Kōga." Mayu spoke in a formal tone, in which she learned from Sesshomaru, as she bowed politely.

"Pleasure is all mine, not too used to seeing a woman taking charge though." Kōga said raising a brow.

"I'm here for Sesshomaru-sama for he cannot accompany is at this time." Mayu explained.

"Sesshomaru? The hell does that son of a bitch want with me?" Inuyasha snickered.

"Told ya." He muttered leaning over to Miroku who nodded.

"You too got attacked by the Bakeneko right?" Kōga perked up.

"They went after his people as well?" He muttered under his breath.

"Yes. Permission to state my case?" Mayu asked.

"As you were." Kōga muttered looking her in the eye.

"We provide you and your people with aid in protection and rebuilding, and you aid us with are starving people?" Kōga thought for a moment.

"You need supplies?" He asked.

"Our means of gaining said supplies have been... cut off. However, the lord and I are discussing ways to fix this, but we need time." Kōga nodded.

"That could work. Our clans have a lot of territory, combine that and we'd spread a lot of land." Kōga muttered.

"So?" Mayu asked. Kōga thought for a moment more, then nodded.

"Alright, but to make it official, I need to further discuss it with Sesshomaru." Mayu smiled.

"I understand. Hmm, he might not be able to leave, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you were to come and discuss it in the palace?" Mayu suggested.

"I suppose I can." Mayu smiled brightly.

"Awesome! When are you free?" She asked.

"As soon as possible honestly, this shit's getting annoying." He grumbled.

"Hmm, I suppose we could just take you back with us." Mayu muttered.

"Uh, unannounced?" Amaya asked in a nervous tone.

"Do not worry Amaya, he will be fine with it." Amaya stared for a moment, then sighed.

"You do play with him like a ragdoll. Alright, let's do it." She said with a slight smirk.

"Alright." Kōga said.

"Well, we can leave when you're ready." Mayu said with a warm smile.

"I'm ready when you are." Mayu nodded.

"You can travel on A-Un with me and Rin- oh wait. What do we do with Jaken?" Mayu asked glancing at Amaya.

"If I carry him, I can't guarantee his safety." She growled.

"Ok, I think we can fit him on A-Un." Mayu said with a nervous laugh.

"Anyway, let's pack up?" Mayu asked.

"Yep, let's head out."

"We're back!" Mayu called as A-Un landed.

"Ah, you're back." Eri greeted with a warm smile. Mayu and Kōga got off of A-Un as Jaken fell off with a thud, then Mayu helped Rin down before she ran over hugging Eri. A woman that Mayu hasn't met walked over with a bright smile. Amaya smiled brightly as well before rushing over picking the woman up spinning her around, then kissed her.

"Hey.~" Amaya cooed.

"Hey.~" The woman said in a similar tone before nuzzling her.

"One night away and they act like it's been a year." Eri teased before giggling.

"Ah, that's Amaya's wife?" Eri nodded.

"Oh! Another thing. Is Sesshomaru-sama free?" Mayu asked.

"Hmm, I haven't seen him since you left." Eri muttered.

"In his office then. I told him to rest! Ugh, never mind it, thank you!" Mayu chirped happily.

"Let's go see him." She said before guiding Kōga to Sesshomaru's office. When they finally got there, Mayu decided to knock this time. No answer.

"Hmm." She hummed, then knocked louder. No answer.

"The hell? U-Umm, one moment." Mayu said before slipping in, then freezing. He's asleep, arms crossed resting on the desk and his cheek resting on his arms. Mayu sighed shaking her head as she walked over. 

"Sesshomaru-sama." She spoke. Nothing.

"Sesshomaru-sama." She spoke a little louder. Nothing. She puffed her cheeks as she walked to his side placing gentle hands on his shoulder only for him to jump up making her jump back a little. His harsh gaze landed on her, then his gaze instantly softened.

"So, care to explain what happened to the whole resting suggestion of mine?" She asked crossing her arms. He stared for a moment, then let out a heavy breath resting his forehead on his arms again.

"Hmm." Mayu frowned.

"Hmm, I suppose I'll have to tell Kōga we have to reschedule this m-"

"He's here?" Sesshomaru suddenly asked.

"U-Uh, yes. He said he'd be willing to discuss further plans, but if you're too t-"

"Where is he now?" He asked sitting up straight again.

"Outside the door. I tried knocking but uh, you were pretty out of it, you didn't hear me at all." Sesshomaru sighed.

"I can do it now." He muttered.

"Are you sure? You're exhausted!" Mayu asked worriedly.

"Yes, Mayu, let him in." He said sternly. Mayu sighed, then noticed a strand of hair out of place. She reached over moving it back in place for him.

"Very well." She said before walking to the door opening it.

"Sorry about that, he's ready to see you now." Mayu said with a warm smile.

"Thank you." Kōga said, then walked in as Mayu left them alone.